• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I'm mostly done with the second Ogre, I just need to do some touch ups. It's clubbing time, the Ogre way! This one is the 77454, Ogre Clubber sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I swapped the top of its club with that of the 77455, Ogre Smasher. I also added a skull at his waist belt on the left side. As always I used Reaper MSP paint.

77455, Ogre Smasher and 77454, Ogre Clubber

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I'm currently working on an Ogre gang and completed the painting on this model last night. This is a 77455, Ogre Smasher sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I swapped the top of its club with that of the 77454, Ogre Clubber. I also added three more skulls at his waist belt. it was all painted with Reaper MSP paint. I will complete the base later since I may add more elements to it.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here is my converted Reaper Miniatures 01411, Harapan sculpted by Jason Wiebe. Back in 2005, this limited-edition model was produced to raising money after the Tsunami disasters in SE Asia. The funds collected were distributed to the Red Cross and Unicef.

Nowadays, this mini is very hard to find and the molds were supposedly destroyed after production. I was lucky enough to find one and spent all my free time during the last two weeks converting, painting it and creating a base for it.

I converted its weapon by replacing the blades with a cleaver and a tiger paw flail. You can see the original model on the last picture. The tiger paw is front paw of a 02817, Moor Hound. The tropical planted are plastic aquarium plants. I painted the blade as a damascus forged steel and added a blue/green sky and earth non-metallic metal SENMM effect on the metallic parts. I also added ceremonial painting on Harapan’s forehead. I have used Reaper MSP paint exclusively.

• By Evilhalfling
      So when I unpacked this Big Boi in 2017  I thought he would look really cool without wings.  but I'm it will be a lot of careful work to carve off the joins and resculpt him,  I just don't think I'm ready.  In February I did the scales for my verocthulu conversion, and thought "I could have done that better."
      So this is better.  

This Dragon will be the colors or earth.   Burnt Umber base, and a hide scattered with Burnt Sienna, Tusk Ivory, and Leather Brown with ochre and NNM gold colors on the belly. 
      perhaps some cool gray or blue washes in the shadows.   The scales will be individually shaded, and the hide below staying the color of brown liner, or umber in the well lit areas. 

So far its been about 4 hrs of work in sculpting, cleaning, gluing and mold line removal.
      it took 45 min just to cover him in brown liner.  He is a really big dragon, and I have no idea how long this is going to take. 

but im getting a little obesessed - I don't want to schedule a meeting or go grocery shopping, I want to add more paint... 
      this feels like how I ended up with a dragon named Insomnia - who was painted almost entirely between 10pm and 7 am.   I kept waking up with new color ideas. 
      Or the DDS2 dragon who I spent 2-4 hours a day painting for a solid week, and another hour a night for the week after.  

The last picture is my inspiration for the scale colors - the eyes will be much simpler than this. 

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, I will share here my progression on a project I wish to do for a long time. I already know all the parts I'll be using for this diorama. Starting with the carefree 03082 Ingrid sculpted by Derek Schubert (I'm converting her as a svirfneblin prospector), accompanied by her faithful familiar the 14453 hunting cat sculpted by Sandra Garrity. They are taken as prey by a 03602 stone lurker sculpted by Kevin Williams. I will also add a 02018 bat from the familiar pack 1 hanging somewhere on the rock wall. I already worked on Ingrid. I removed the base and give her a pickaxe. I made her tool with a paperclip and a piece of scrap metal. This all-project idea started with the gemstone she’s holding in her left hand.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 80 Guests (See full list)