• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Evilhalfling
      So when I unpacked this Big Boi in 2017  I thought he would look really cool without wings.  but I'm it will be a lot of careful work to carve off the joins and resculpt him,  I just don't think I'm ready.  In February I did the scales for my verocthulu conversion, and thought "I could have done that better."
      So this is better.  

This Dragon will be the colors or earth.   Burnt Umber base, and a hide scattered with Burnt Sienna, Tusk Ivory, and Leather Brown with ochre and NNM gold colors on the belly. 
      perhaps some cool gray or blue washes in the shadows.   The scales will be individually shaded, and the hide below staying the color of brown liner, or umber in the well lit areas. 

So far its been about 4 hrs of work in sculpting, cleaning, gluing and mold line removal.
      it took 45 min just to cover him in brown liner.  He is a really big dragon, and I have no idea how long this is going to take. 

but im getting a little obesessed - I don't want to schedule a meeting or go grocery shopping, I want to add more paint... 
      this feels like how I ended up with a dragon named Insomnia - who was painted almost entirely between 10pm and 7 am.   I kept waking up with new color ideas. 
      Or the DDS2 dragon who I spent 2-4 hours a day painting for a solid week, and another hour a night for the week after.  

The last picture is my inspiration for the scale colors - the eyes will be much simpler than this. 

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, I will share here my progression on a project I wish to do for a long time. I already know all the parts I'll be using for this diorama. Starting with the carefree 03082 Ingrid sculpted by Derek Schubert (I'm converting her as a svirfneblin prospector), accompanied by her faithful familiar the 14453 hunting cat sculpted by Sandra Garrity. They are taken as prey by a 03602 stone lurker sculpted by Kevin Williams. I will also add a 02018 bat from the familiar pack 1 hanging somewhere on the rock wall. I already worked on Ingrid. I removed the base and give her a pickaxe. I made her tool with a paperclip and a piece of scrap metal. This all-project idea started with the gemstone she’s holding in her left hand.

• By dks
      Nearly two years after I started a thread for showing off the figures of my Pathfinder Society characters, I present the second figure.
      (For that thread about the first character, click here: link.)

This is Sister Ayano, a kitsune archer (level 8 now: paladin 5 of Shelyn / zen-archer monk 3).
      I did some extensive conversion to the elf archer Caerwynn, from the Warlord line.

Here is the finished Ayano:

You can see the Work-in-Progress thread for her here: link.

You may have noticed the concept art for two kitsune figures in the "Eastern Legends" stretch-goal from the recent Bones III Kickstarter.  I'll be sculpting those two.  So if you like the way Ayano the kitsune looks and you wish Reaper made others figures like her ... well, you're in luck (sort of).

Enjoy,
      Derek
    • By Metalchaos
      Here's another one!

The Chimeric Aberration is something I was inspired to build after reading about Chimeric Creature in D&D Monster Manual 2. In the book, they give the example of a Chimeric ankheg which has the head and front legs of and ankheg with a goat and a white dragon head.

I'm calling my monster a Chimeric Aberration, because it doesn't have the traits of a goat and a chromatic dragon which are normally present on a Chimeric Creature. Instead, my chaotic hybrid will be the result of a mad wizard experiment that went terribly wrong. It will have the main features of a Giant Hound, a Deadborn Vulture head will stretch out from the right side of the monster and an Hulking Insect head will sit on the left side.

My plan is to use a 02817 Moor Hound for the main body. Then, I will use both heads from 03069, Hooked Hulk witch are included in 03440 Creature Components pack 2 along with 14456 Mastema’s tail included in 03334 Creature Components. I will also use 03641 Gunslinger’s wings to add another characteristic of the Vulture. I’ve considered larger wings like those of 02065 Greycloud the Pegasus and maybe 02729 Mephisto’s wings would have been even more appropriate but I don‘t have them at hand. I may swap some of its paw for claw and/or palmed foot as well.

For the colors, I thought of painting the main body green like a Cù-Sìth from the Scottish folklore. The additional head will have traditional vulture and insect colors. Voilà, It should be charming.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are some pictures of a 02126, Arachno-Assassin sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I had this damaged mini for a long time and I decided to replace its upper left hand falchion for a sword from the 02455, Weapons pack IV. It was a very fun and easy model to paint. I intend to use it as a "boss" in a major encounter, so I painted it in red to increase the focus on it and point out how dangerous it is. The bluish bladed sword will be magical, maybe even cursed. 

• Who's Online   6 Members, 1 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)