Sign in to follow this  
Meady

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

You all awaken, either from the annoying buzz of the alarm clock, or from your mother calling out to you to come get breakfast. This is the common school morning ritual for you, also signifing the first day of school. The clock shows 7:30, school starts in an hour. The smell of breakfast streams up from downstairs.

Elizabeth gets up with a groan and shuffles to the shower. When she has finished and feeling slightly more alive she grabs a robe and heads to the kitchen for a coffee. Then she returns to her room does her make-up and then wanders to the walk in wardrobe.

"Now what will create the perfect look for the first day of school. hmm too tarty, too last year ...." she continues like this as she slowly until she has picked out her clothes. Then grabbing her books and the assignment she had to finish she heads back downstairs.

"Morning Mom, how do I look ?" Giving a quick twirl to her mother. Her mother barely glances at her daughter "Very nice dear, now quick get into the car or I will be late." With a sigh Elizabeth heads out to her Mother's car. "See Mom if you bought me a car then I would be holding you up." However she knows this plea will fall on deaf ears.

Nicholas opens one bloodshot eye and stares at the alarm clock with a menacing glare. Upon seeing that the alarm clock won’t shut up on it’s own, he reaches over and knocks it off the table with a loud groan. Rolling over he flees from the sunlight already creeping towards his bed and searches for the bottle of vodka he had left on the other night table. Upon seeing the now empty bottle and it’s spilled contents all over the floor he shudders at the throbbing headache beginning at the back of his temples. With a body racking sigh he swings his first leg out of bed and instantly regrets the decision as the headache brewing in his head reminds him that it’s just in it’s infant stage. With more caution he removes his second foot from the bed sheets and takes a long moment to gather himself. Half closing his eyes he stumbles his way towards the bathroom.

Not turning on the lights, Nicholas treads the all too familiar path towards the medicine cabinet. Opening it up he pulls out the large bottle of Modrin and quickly pops two pills before pausing and adding a third, swallowing them quickly without any water. Closing the door to the cabinet he takes a long hard look at himself in the mirror. For a moment he just sits there staring back at the pale face in the mirror before finally muttering “Comrade you look like s**t.” Turning on the facet he splashes cold water on his face and runs his hand through his hair trying to tame the mess before finally giving up. Scratching at the 5-day-old beard, he quickly passes a toothbrush over his teeth, turns off the facet then heads toward the closet.

Searching through the mounds of clothes lying on the ground he quickly selects a not too dirty shirt, one of his best ties, some old faded jeans and a jacket hanging neatly on a hanger. Dressing with the headache now growing (despite the pain killers) he once again looks over wistfully at the empty bottle lying on the ground.

Walking through kitchen he stops at a half full mug of cold coffee and takes a long drag of it. Taking one last look at himself in the toaster, he adjusts the half done up tie and straightens out the jacket to hide a small stain he must have not seen on his shirt. Grabbing his briefcase he checks to see the small metal container is inside and takes a small swig of the warm vodka before putting it back and running his hand through his hair one more time.

Walking outside he squints hard at the brightness before placing a pair of very dark sunglasses over his eyes. He approaches his ’98 BMW 318i and prepares himself for the long day as the new Sunnydale High Counselor.

"Tommy?"

Shouting to the closed attic door, Tommy's mother waits for an answering grunt before going back downstairs to finish getting breakfast ready.

Upstairs, Tommy Winslow throws back the covers, and gets out of bed.

First day of school... what a load of crap.

Releasing the lock on his door, Tommy kicks the stairs down and descends, just in time to catch his younger sister going into the bathroom.

"Ha ha!" she cries with glee, slamming the door in his face. "Better luck next time, dork." She says, turning on the faucet and grinning as steam begins to rise up. "Cold shower will do you good, jerk."

Outside, Tommy pounds on the door to no avail. Going to the edge of the stairs to make sure his mother is still cooking, Tommy walks to the door and begins chanting under his breath. Inside, his sister screeches as the once hot water switches to ice cold.

Chuckling, he turns around to come face to face with his scowling Mom.

Grabbing his ear, she marches him around and points him upstairs.

"You're lucky I'm in a good mood, Tommy. Now get ready or I'll have you hopping... literally." She says, fixing him with an icy glare.

Remembering a couple hours this summer spent as a frog in the garden, Tommy grins and races upstairs to get ready, pulling on clothes at random.

Passing his sister coming out of the bathroom, Tommy heads downstairs to breakfast.

Sitting gloomily at the table, Tommy wolfs his food down under his mother's disapproving glare.

"I don't know what's gotten into you, Tom. I spent all this summer teaching you to be careful and on the first day of school you don't even leave the house before you break The Rule." Frowning, she clears the dishes and grabs her coat. She walks to the stairs and calls up to her daughter. "Kelly, honey, hurry up! You can't be late your first day!"

Turning to Tommy, she kisses him on the forehead before heading out.

"Now... seriously, honey... be careful, all right? You're not a child anymore and I won't have you acting like one."

Tommy glares at his sister as she practically skips out the door. Unexpectedly, the door swings back quickly, smacking her in the face.

"MOM!" She howls, hand flying to her forehead.

"Oh... come on, Kel. It's a minor curse, I'll have it off you before you get to school." Tommy's mother starts the car as Kelly climbs in and backs out of the driveway.

"You're not a child anymore and I won't have you acting like one." Tommy mimics his mother in a sing-song voice. "Whatever."

Gathering his backpack, he heads out in time to see his mother wave and his sister stick out her tongue as they drive off.

Heading off in the opposite direction, Tommy steels himself for his first day at Sunnydale High.

Great. Just great. A new school and a new town. Whoever came up with Sunnydale, anyway? Why not just name it Happyland and get it over with.

((These are some very detailed and well written posts. Keep it up, I see this being a very promising game ^_^ ))

Elizabeth gets out of the car "Mom I will call if I need a lift but I don't know what time I will be done this afternoon." With that she starts to walk over to the steps leading into the school. As she does so she scans the crowd of students looking for her friends. Responding to greetings from the socially acceptable and ignoring those from others.

When she spots some of her friends she rushes over to them "Hey guys, how was your summer ?" She listens briefly while they respond then interupts. "Well Daddy was working abroad all summer in South America, so Mom and I went to Europe. Oh the shops in Pari are so elegant and the latest collections were just amazing. I don't know how much we spent there but it was nothing compared to the shops in Italy. Milan, Rome oh it was so awesome." Elizabeth carries on bragging about her summer waiting for Cordelia to arrive and hoping for once she will have out done her friend and whatever her summer exploits were.

Oh yeah, I like it when you do that, girls. Who would have thought two beautiful twins would move in next door to me....... And you'd both like to give massage?...... Ooooohhh, Oh your phones ringing. ....Is it your friends from the ...... chearleading squad? .... aren't you going to answer it.... invite them... "ohh, no. Alarm clock"

Another day dawns disappointingly into consciousness for Lysander Shetland as he surfaces from a most pleasant dream. Reality is a duvet half-off the bed, barely covering him from the morning air and a realisation that school is back in today. Fighting the twin pulls of lethargy and fear of social stigmatisation that is the High School experience, Lysander manages to get half way out of bed before the linen wrapped around his leg brings him crashing to the floor.

The shower is cold ...mmm wakey.. his breakfast is hot ...thanks mum... and soon the fully paid up member of the Sunnydale dork-squad is on his way to school. Desperatley trying to look cool, without appearring to look cool, or seeming to be appearring to try not to be seen to be attempting to look cool, if any of Sunnydale's many fine young ladies were watching exhibit A they would see a boy of 16, 5'11" with a floppy head of black hair, cut simply with a fringe which flops over his forehead. His clothes are practical, stylish (but the style is a couple of years ago) and clean. He is not unnattractive, particularly when he smiles, but the word that comes to mind is 'gawky'. There are undoubtedly muscles on his body, it just seems he's not all that clear how they all work together.

Sunnydale High. "Hi, High!" he says aloud, causing several jocks in football jackets to give him disdainful looks. I thought it was funny.... He looks aound for his best friend but can't see even one familiar face.

The bell rings and students begin to walk to class, splitting up from there respected peer groups. From behind the crowds pulls up a car, and a man with shaggy hair steps out, he carries a black battered breifcase. Some kids start whispering and Nick can hear things such as, "Is that the new guidance counsellor? Looks like he could use a little guidance himself" and "He smells like cheap vodka". Nick pays no attention to the kids, he continues marching strongly toward his new office. As the rest of you continue to classes, you are each approached by the librarian, known as Giles. He asks you to come to the library after school, and then hes gone, like he was never there in the first place.

Stepping out of the car he is still not quite used to driving, Nick makes his way slowly towards the front doors to the school. He hears the whispers directed towards his direction but he is fully aware that these дети have no real clue, there is nothing cheap about his vodka. Stopping before the main doors he remembers an old Russian saying, a fine cage does not fill a bird's belly, oh and what a fine cage this school is he thinks.

Entering the cool hallways Nick adjusts his sunglasses a bit thanking the maker for this reprieve from the dull pounding on the inside of his skull. Looking around in confusion for a moment he tries to get his bearings. He looks at a young lady passing by before politely asking where the offices are. Getting his new bearings he takes his time making his way down the crowded hallways, avoiding throngs of kids.

Reaching the doors to his office, he slips in quietly and closes the door behind him. Finally away from the noise he takes a deep breath and makes his way over to the window, pulling down the blinds he finally takes off his sunglasses. Sitting down in the very uncomfortable chair he turns on the computer. While waiting for it to boot he takes a disk out of his briefcase and waits rather impatiently. After reaching the Windows desktop he puts the disk into the system and runs the program created for him by a friend. After the program runs he loads up school registry and starts browsing through it knowing full well that no one can track his movements through the system now.

The day passes quickly for Elizabeth, the classes are a bore. The breaks a hectic whirlwind of catching up with people. However throughout the day is the worry of what that weird British guy wants with her in the library.

When her last class is over she starts to head for the library, then halts in her tracks. "Where the heck is the damned library." She thinks. Quickly she scans the crowd looking for one of the geeks, they are bound so know where the library is. Suddenly she spots one. Striding over to him "Hey urm Lysander, do you .. like know where the library is ?"

Wandering through the day completely bored, Tommy gets ready to leave school before remembering his encounter with the librarian.

Crap... probably wants someone to volunteer for something and picked on the new kid. Great. Now... where's the freakin' library, again?

Resigned to spending his days looking over AV equipment, he wanders again until he sees two students talking about the very place he was headed.

"Uhm.... yeah. Hi. Where's the library, again?" he asks, not quite meeting their eyes.

Just as Tommy asks his question, the school janitor, who happens to be walking down the corridor, over hears the lad's question. "This way dude." He says as he points in the direction he's walking. "I'm 'eaded over there myself, tag along if ya wanna."

Elizabeth Ellis is speaking to me!! SHE spoke to ME!! And she KNOWS MY NAME!! Ok, play it cool. Give her the 'sander look, pause..and... dang YOU, janitor dude. GO AWAY! Go janit somewhere else!"

"NO! I mean, I'm sure you have some puddles to mop, or something, we'd just be in the way. I can show Liz the way and you, new kid. Hi! No need to trouble yourself, Mr. Janitor."

"You know Elizabeth, it's funny, I was just heading there myself. You know, fate? You needing to know, me happening to be here. I didn't see you over summer.. not that I was looking for you, of course, I mean that would be silly. But.. oh, here we are. You can tell by the way it's a room full of books....."

Rolling his eyes, Tommy falls in behind the two other students as they enter the library.

Great. It's a loser convention or something. What's with the babe, though? Oh crap... is this detention? What the heck are they gonna blame on me now? Figures.

You really think that’s going to stop me? A громадный like you doesn’t compare to what a human is capable of doing! So if you want to let the screaming begin, let’s go!

Waking up in a puddle of his own drool, Nick looks around the room a couple of times with blank eyes. It was only a dream, he says to himself trying to drown out the screams. Looking over at the computer he quickly shuts down the open files and wonders how long he’s been out for. Almost 3pm already, where has the day gone? He thinks to himself that in a place as screwed up as Sunnydale you would think that more people would visit the counselor’s office. Packing up the few papers he’s printed out he takes a long drag from the flask in his briefcase and gets up to grab his jacket. No noise in the hallways is a good sign; the headache being gone is a better sign. Tonight is going to be a good night to hunt he thinks to himself.

Leaving the office he wonders not for the first time how fate could bring him here of all places. A Hellmouth, the one place he should be furthest away from is the one place that has what he’s looking for. Wandering the halls trying to get his bearings to the parking lot he nods at the janitor.

”Most people don’t notice the ones that move in the background, preparing the way and cleaning up after them, the caretakers of our lives making sure we always find a clean empty path before us. But where something is thin, that's where it tears. Safe passage to you tonight my friend.”

Not waiting for the Janitor’s reply he continues down the hallway solely focused on getting home before the darkness arrives. However, as he passes a pair of large doorways he stops. Hearing a familiar voice resonating from within he leans back against the wall, washed away by past memories. Melding into the growing shadows, he listens intently to the conversation inside the library.