Sign in to follow this  
Meady

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Elizabeths mother arrives shortly and her and Lysander get into the car. It seems Giles wasn't wrong, darkness was already beginning to set and the car clock show's seven o'clock. Halfway through the drive, a fellow can be seen standing in the middle of the road. He wears a long black trenchcoat and a black hat, which shadow covers his eyes. Elizabeths mother stops and waits for him to move, which he doesn't. He simply stands there, face hidden in shadows.

"Why do all the wackos come out early, mom just back up and go round him, he is probably some yunkie and has no idea what day of the week it is let alone where he is."

"Don't tell me you are going to go fight that thing." Mutters Warren out loud finally finding a pic of the nasty thing on Daves Interesting Extraplannar site, or DIE for short.

"Count me out, unless you have a handy vorpal sword floating around?" Warren queries.

Gile looks at him and smiles. Oh I think we may be able to arrange something. He leads everyone into his office and opens a large cabnet, Tommy(lol) is looking through another cabnet. Inside Giles cabnnet, on racks lay:

>Two crossbows complete with 10 arrows

>Two finely polished longswords

>Two finely polished short swords

>Two large axes

>One large flail

>Six flasks of holy water

>A large box of stakes

He smiles and speaks:

"Take whatever you need, we're going after this thing tonight"

Tommy, in the search of his cabnet finds:

>Large Cauldron

>Box of back candles

>Various ammounts of basic spell components

>Few rare spell components

>5 Spell books

Giles now looks in Tommys directon:

"Anything in there is within your limits, you may use whatever you need to do various spells, just check with me first"

Elizabeth watches as the fellow slowly walks toward the car, when hes so close to the front that he can touch the hood, he flicks off the hat to reveal a hideous sight. The mans face is shaped differently, he has pale yellow eyes and his nose and upper cheeks are wrinkled slightly, apart from that he has long fangs that stick out, at least an inch long. Before you have a chance to step on the gas he jumps on top of the car and begins to slam on the roof.

"I appreciate the offer Mr Giles, but no thanks." Says Zack the janitor as he walks away from the cabinet. "I'll be back in a second."

Elizabeth glances down to see what gear the car is in. Seeing that the car is still in drive she jabs her foot down on the gas pedal trapping her mother's foot onto the pedal. "Oh my god, Mom we have to get out of here." As the building starts to accelerate away she grabs the wheel to swing the car from side to side. "Sander lock the doors."

Warren, picking up with enthusiasm, pulls out a longsword and starts swinging it around with enthusiasm, albeit with little skill.

After taking a sizable chunk out of one of the desks, he prudently grabs a crossbow, even though Lisa will have to string it for him.

He then bounces with anticipation and opens his computer trying to find a weakness to the demon thingy.

After about 5 minutes, perhaps as many as 10, Zack returns to the library. He's got a large sword strapped to his back and a crossbow in his hand.

"Ready when you are folks."

The car accelerates quickly and now you're cruising down the road at at least 80km/h. You can still hear the thing pounding away on the top of the car and a dent is slowly forming. Elizabeths mother pushes her out of the way and regains control of the car from her daughter. Up ahead is a low bridge, big enough for most vehicles to pass under effortlessly. Elizabeths mother, who seems strangely calm heads for the bridge increasing in speed. As soon as the car zips under the first part of the bridge, a loud smack can be heard, like the crunching of bone, and the pounding stops. Elizabeths mother hastily drops off Lysander and heads home, quickly shutting and locking all the doors and windows and pulling the curtains across.

Elizabeth heads for her room, not at all clear as to what has just happened. Her mom had just killed a man, but wait was that thing really a man. It looked more like somthing out of a horror movie. Suddenly she thinks on what the Librarian was saying. "May .... maybe these things ... d .. do exist" she whispers to herself. Running downstairs you finds the phonebook and then returns to her room she looks up the school and trys each number she finds.

"Oh Hi, is that creepy British librarian still around .... oh ..... well, hi it's Elizabeth Ellis here. Anyway just wondering these vampires so like what would they look like ....... ah huh ...... mmmm ..... ah huh ..... ok. And so how would one go about killing a vampire ? ..... Ok piece of wood and ...... ewww do what drive it through it's heart. You are kidding me right ? ... oh. OK well I may pop in and see you tomorrow at school then .... . OK good night ... oh and sorry about the whole creepy British guy bit."

Liz then after wondering where to get a small stake like bit of wood heads very carefully and with all the garden lights on down to the shed. Once there she finds a wooden shafted object and breaks the handle off then spends a few minutes with a chisel putting a point onto it. Once done she puts the stake in her bag and heads back in.

She then goes to where her mom is and starts asking her if she is ok.

Not able to control himself any longer Nick reaches up to the library doors and pushes them open with a hard shove. Striding into the library with confidence he throws a couple of frowns at Warren and Zack and the nasty weapons they are holding in their hands. He continues striding past them all and straight into the office of the librarian. Pausing a moment to wait for Giles to put down the phone he looks over at Lisa lounging in the corner.

“I would like to have a private talk with Mr. Giles young lady. Please wait outside.”

His attention focuses directly on the librarian and the large scowl on his face confers all the bottled up emotions that are seething within him. After a moment he speaks again with a much firmer and more dangerous tone.

“That was not a request young lady, outside NOW.”

"Who was that jerk?" asked Warren aloud. Seemingly entranced with the possibbilities of a crossbow.

Lisa leads everyone out of the crowded room and into the library, kicking the counsellor in the shin on the way out. Giles now looks suspiciously at Nick and says:

"I see you've decided to use your talents as well?"