Sign in to follow this  
Kheprera

Sir *BONK!*Scale - Garrick the Bold 77008

Ppfft! The freehand is great! Working around and around is not all that easy, and I think you've handled it pretty well, particularly cross-eyed and shaky. He's come out really well, and BONK! is adorable.

Perhaps... and I realise this is insane, but perhaps if you do do it again, you could cheat? Find a bit of fabric.. OMG. No. I know the perfect thing. There is a thing out there called 'nail foil'. It's a sheet of printed plastic, a little over an inch wide, and they put all kinds of wild patterns on them in miniature, to be glued to fingernails. Maybe different bands of that?

• Like 6

As has been said elsewhere.....

***The end is Near! Repent of your Shelf of Shame!***

Looks really Great!

But you realize that Bryan will be able to use him to *BONK* people now.....

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 6

Ppfft! The freehand is great! Working around and around is not all that easy, and I think you've handled it pretty well, particularly cross-eyed and shaky. He's come out really well, and BONK! is adorable.

Perhaps... and I realise this is insane, but perhaps if you do do it again, you could cheat? Find a bit of fabric.. OMG. No. I know the perfect thing. There is a thing out there called 'nail foil'. It's a sheet of printed plastic, a little over an inch wide, and they put all kinds of wild patterns on them in miniature, to be glued to fingernails. Maybe different bands of that?

Eh, I've seen enough real-life mummified critters where the paint job is not so exact. This looks great.

• Like 3

Thanks all. I'm still waffling about the freehand. Some angles it looks okay, but others it's all wonky and I'm AAAARGH I should have spent more time on it!!!

Also feeling like I should have spent more time shading and highlighting the gold. There is a LOT of brass added to the antique gold for highlights, but you cannot see it. :down:

• Like 1

Looks great!

--snip-- Maybe I'll attempt it again at a later time when I'm not under a deadline.

No deadline?  How are you going to know when you need to start rushing to get it done?

• Like 1