Sign in to follow this  
SGHawkins09

SGHawkins's ReaperCon WIP

The elf goddess is awesome. I'd suggest a tad bit more shading along the inside of the left leg down near the knee. Looks like the staff isn't done yet and make sure to give her nails and/or nail polish.

Thanks! Yeah, I have not done anything but base coat the staff and leather but I should be able to finish them tomorrow. Stupid question, do you mean her left knee or the knee on our left looking at the picture?

• Like 1

The elf goddess is awesome. I'd suggest a tad bit more shading along the inside of the left leg down near the knee. Looks like the staff isn't done yet and make sure to give her nails and/or nail polish.

Thanks! Yeah, I have not done anything but base coat the staff and leather but I should be able to finish them tomorrow. Stupid question, do you mean her left knee or the knee on our left looking at the picture?

The inside of HER left knee (right when looking at her in pics)

• Like 1

The inside of HER left knee (right when looking at her in pics)

Got it, that's the knee I thought you meant but wanted to make sure.

• Like 1

I like the two minis diorama better.

That way the focus is more on the confrontation between the toad and the cat and I feel it is more intense.

When  you use all, the outcome of the fight is already decided.

3 against 1...The Toad won't stand a chance, so the threat and the suspense are gone for me then.

When facing off the Cat alone, anything can happen.

And I feel it is more exciting to watch.

My opinion, feel free to ignore of course.

**** Mutters ..nobody listen to Wolves anyway.. grumble***

• Like 3

I agree with Xherman; the one on one version looks a little more intense.

Your ladies both look amazing; good call on the yellow glaze, she looks soo much better with it.

• Like 3

Given the pictures, consider mouse and cat vs toad with no rabbit, and replace the rabbit with the sign.

I was considering this and with some different positioning it could work.

two minis is better for the bridge.

The feathers look much better now as well.

I definitely like the current feathers more than my previous version. The colors still work and as she is a wood elf goddess it would make sense to have the bright green of spring as well as the warmer colors of fall.

I like the two minis diorama better.

That way the focus is more on the confrontation between the toad and the cat and I feel it is more intense.

When  you use all, the outcome of the fight is already decided.

3 against 1...The Toad won't stand a chance, so the threat and the suspense are gone for me then.

When facing off the Cat alone, anything can happen.

And I feel it is more exciting to watch.

My opinion, feel free to ignore of course.

**** Mutters ..nobody listen to Wolves anyway.. grumble***

Excellent point on the suspense with just two.

I am still leaning heavily on just the two but it is hard to let go of my original vision. I think my biggest issue with visualizing the final look is that everything is still in the early stages. When I look at just the two, I am worried that the base could overwhelm them but I think that thought is being fueled by the fact that everything is pretty much the same colors right now so it all just blends together.

• Like 2

I agree with Xherman; the one on one version looks a little more intense.

Your ladies both look amazing; good call on the yellow glaze, she looks soo much better with it.

Thanks! I am still amazed on how perfect the yellow ended up being. I liked the green before but it was just not popping like I wanted. This though, is exactly what I was after.

• Like 3

Alright, I finally got things done that will facilitate the linking of Gen's progress. From the first post in this thread:

My Open entry is:
Hasslefree HFX004 Gen. I will need to link her actual pictures as she is nude. I am going to be converting her into a blue fairy. I have removed her horns and will be adding fairy wings.

I have gotten her skin done. I used RMSP True Blue shaded with RMSP Royal Purple. This left her smurfy so I gambled and glazed over everything with RMSP Vampiric Skin. It worked so I continued glazing with the three colors and ended with a skin tone that I am really happy with. Of course it does look a lot better in hand especially as glazing with the Vampiric Skin makes it almost color shift. So the first link picture is of the original sculpt from Hasslefree's site and the second is how she stands now.

Original

Finished Skin

• Like 4

I'm alone on this, but I like the group rather than the duet; re, the base seems too big for just two minis.

While I'm here I might add the all your creations are GORGEOUS...OUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 1

Niiiiiiice!

I agree!

Thanks!

I'm alone on this, but I like the group rather than the duet; re, the base seems too big for just two minis.

While I'm here I might add the all your creations are GORGEOUS...OUTSTANDING WORK!

Thanks! The base being big is one my concerns as well but I think with the addition of the sign and foliage, it should fill out. I could also add in a broken down wall which was in my original plans when I was using a bigger base, the mouse would have been on it.

really nice... the purple shows up in the deep shadows and the overall blue look is subtle but there.

Thanks, I succeeded in reaching my goal then. In person the effect is really interesting and the blue is even more subtle from certain angles.

• Like 2