Stone Giant [bones]

Gabbi

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By kazmania7
      I wish I would of got him in metal, but he was free and didn't want to see him go to waste.

• By Zira
      Hi! I was just wondering if there were any reaper dragon minis close in size to the young green wizkids dragon? or any other dragons of any types that's not wizkids that's similar in size? I'm wanting to run an encounter with two dragons of the same size and would prefer not to double up on minis, and would love to expand my dragon collection to other companies than wizkids.
    • By Shadespyre
      All four Reaper Bones Stone Giants, but with some modifications:
      Replaced the club wielded by the guard with the one from the smaller, older giant
      Gave that giant a home-made hammer and a rock to throw.

For colours I chose a base of old Citadel Adeptus Battlegrey, brightened with white for highlights. The cloth colours are all greyish hues rather than natural stone colours because I thought that might be too dull. Very happy with the purple cloth, which is done with the Reaper Dark Elf Skin triad. I tried to do decorations in bluish green jade (though if you think it's more like patina on old bronze, that's fine too) and blue crystals and gems as a change from my usual choice of red. Pleased with the "sparkle" on some of those crystals.

Stone weapons are more traditional for AD&D stone giants but I thought stone hammers looked odd so went with greyish metal. It suits the overall pallete, I hope.

These models are part of a stupidly ambitious diorama which you can see over here:

Stone Giant Tribe

• By MoonglowMinis
      The flickering glow of the torchlight illuminates the dusty, hieroglyphic-covered walls of the forgotten tomb.  Moonglow clings to his hat as he carefully scans for signs of the hidden entrance.  A small indentation betrays the location of a door in the stone wall.  Carefully, the adventurer pushes his way through.

The room is barren and dark, except for a single pillar of light shining down upon a small pedestal.  On top sits a small box.

Moonglow carefully crosses the chamber and approaches the box.  He lifts the lid and peers inside.

"Ah, there's my old minis!"

Who's Your Mummy?

Today I felt like sharing some more of my older work that hasn't been posted on the forums yet.  This time it's the Bones mummies that are getting the spotlight.

These mummies were one of my first large painting projects.  It seemed impressive at the time to be working on 8 things simultaneously.  They're a bit dusty from all the drybrushing, but I think they look the part, and I'm a fan of the red-gold color scheme I settled on.

More Photos beneath the spoiler:

These were a fun little set and were perfect adversaries when my players visited the City of Time and sought to stop a Lich's return to power.  After failing once an resetting the clock, they had to fight their way through a mummy-filled temple complete with crawling claws and sand-filling rooms to stop the Mummy Lord from returning to his former Lich status.

What's your favorite mummy encounter?
    • By Kangaroorex
      Just a quick picture.  They're not special but I am trying to get my paint count up this year so just before reapercon I chose 20 miniatures I had no special attachment to and went about getting them painted.  Most of them are destined to appear in my Christmas village as townsfolk

The rocky was a bonus from Mocha's paint a rocky class.  I thought he came out great!

Not part of the 20 but because I haven't shown them yet, the swine mafia needed to have a word with the vegetable hauler.  Apparently he hadn't hired pigs to load his cart...

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)