Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

77341: Lions

Awesome!!!

They look very realistic!

*** I have to confess I beheaded the lioness to become a stuffed Black Panther Saddle on my Dino. :ph34r: ****

• Like 1

great paint job, what colors did you use? mine have been in and out of the simple green jug 3 times. I can't seem to capture the colors you have on these wonderful lions.

great paint job, what colors did you use? mine have been in and out of the simple green jug 3 times. I can't seem to capture the colors you have on these wonderful lions.

most of it is 09142: Stained Ivory, with some shadows done with thin layers of: , 09284 Lonestar Leather, then covered that with more of the Stained ivory, then lightly layered 09044: Tanned Skin . 

The male lion's mane is 09073: CHestnut gold and 09136: walnut brown

• Like 4

thanks for the colors I will attempt to duplicate, but most likely mine will end up in the pit of despair (big jug of power green). 

you should be okay, they're nothing fancy ^^

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cyradis
      I got this to be my first bust to paint, sourced from Figone. CMPA had the "Bust a Move" challenge, so I finally painted him up. Yep, first bust! Next time I'll try a human or humanoid. 

Mounting him was kinda a nuisance, but I did something basic. He has a magnet on his back, and I greenstuffed a magnet to a nail. I can change the base later if I want. He's the first of my limited palette challenges, and I used blue because blue is a pretty easy one and I thought he'd do well with it. I smooth blended the face, and semi-smooth blended the mane, and went back for fur texture with a tone just one or two steps off of the layer beneath it. I imagined him as a lion day dreaming of a fantasy world, and a bit whimsical. 

Eyes: NMM Gold Triad (Shadow, Base, Highlight), Dragon White, Pure Black, S75 Tindalos Red. 
      The Majority of Stuff: Pure White, Ghost White, Morning After Blues, Sky Blue, Dragon Blue (base fur color), Midnight Blue, Nightmare Black, Vallejo Game Color Black Ink. 

• By Cyradis
      CMPA is doing a "Bust a Move" challenge. I've been meaning to paint this lion for a while. The only non blue part are his eyes. The rest will be 50 Shades of Blue. I am basing with Dragon Blue, but intend to subdue it with less saturated blues as I go. First bust and first monochrome! Okay, almost monochrome 

• By ub3r_n3rd
      For my Broken Gods D&D game, I've painted up all the figures for my group and am now getting around to painting up their mounts and animal companions. 

First off we have Bagheera, the Panther based off artwork in the spoiler. Bagheera is the animal companion of the party's monk/ranger and normally it is a standard medium-sized panther that he can use to fight along side him, but the panther can grow into this large mount when needed.

Next is the Golden Lion, the mount of the party's bard, based on the artwork below:

Next is the Nightmare for the party's warlock, based on the artwork below:

I painted up the standard medium sized panther to use when it is needed. The monk/ranger also gained a (perhaps) temporary follower in "Jim the Brown Bear" which I also decided to paint up for this adventure and future adventures as a companion or just standard bear.

All of these are painted up tabletop to tabletop+ standards. I didn't want to put too much work into them as they are just meant to be on the tabletop and not to be put into any contests.

Larger panther and the lion are the lioness and lion from Bones 3. The smaller panther and the brown bear are bones animal companions. The Nightmare is from one of Tre's kickstarters. It has a barbarian that goes on the saddles, which of course I omitted here and I'll either toss the barbarian in the BOGW or put him in the melt bin at ReaperCon now that he's not really needed and I covered the hole in the saddle where he would normally attach.

There's one missing mount, a silver and black fox that I may also paint up for the 4th member of the group. She paints minis too, so I'm thinking I'll give her a wolf figure that looks very foxlike to have her do it herself especially since I have so many other projects I need to finish up on this month.

Anyhow, C&C are welcomed and appreciated!

EDIT!!

Adding more pics of the figures in more close-up shots for each one.

• By Maledrakh
      A pair of big cats from the second Bones Kickstarter campaign Expansion set #1. That expansion was a seemingly random collection of different minis, these were the only “natural” creatures it it.

The camera washes out the colours even though I have reduced the wossitsname that makes it less washed out as much as possible.

I think the female turned out better. There is something wonky about the face of the male.
      They are based on my 50x25mm 3D printed oval bases. I put the stl on thingiverse where it can be downloaded for free.

and now I have a hankering for *that* candy bar. You know which one.

• By ub3r_n3rd
      Today, I'm not feeling working on my main ReaperCon project for the diorama so I figured to stay productive and still do something I'll go ahead and start a WIP thread for some tabletop to tabletop+ painted figures of mounts and/or animal companions for the characters in my D&D game.

First off I'm doing these three bones figures: animal companion brown bear (Jim), animal companion black panther (Alex), and Phantasmal blue panther mount (Bagheera). These are for the monk/ranger character in my D&D 'Broken Gods' game.

I will use some green stuff to even out and blend into the bones broccoli bases, the bigger panther will get a green stuff made saddle and harness. 

After I'm done with these three:
      I will paint up a golden lion (the companion to the panther figure from bones 3 I believe) Find a fox figure big enough to be a mount - will need to be about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long. Acquire a nightmare figure for a mount or modify a horse or unicorn
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)