• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      In pursuit of my goal, here is another Gnoll that I finished painting last night. This 77234, Boneflail female Gnoll Cleric was sculpted by Tre Manor.
      In spite of their devotion to Yeenoghu, few Gnolls have any interest in ritual and there is few clerics or shamans to be found among the savage packs. Gnolls would sometimes summon demons to fight alongside them.

• By Rahz
      Another 3D print that I’m working on, this time a big one.  I’ve shoes away from buying/printing dragons for the most part as I have a ton of amazing Reaper ones still to paint (or finish... ) but this one was a freebie of sorts from one of the creators I follow on Patreon.  

In keeping with my clear resin tricks, I whipped up the base really quickly and then stalled on how I was going to paint the actual dragon...  oops!  

I masked off the crystals and plugged the holes for the feet and primed it with a mix of brown and grey Vallejo primers, drybrushed it with a tan followed by a tan mixed with white and then it got a series of Vallejo model washes (green, grey and dark brown).  I then peeled off the mask and gave the crystals a quick coat with Tamiya Clear Green.  

For the actual dragon, the plan now is to paint the heavier scales like the base with the softer belly and flesh being brown.  

Like my recent plague doctor bust, I masked his eyes so they will be the same green as the crystals on his base.  I toyed with putting a light in his head as well, but seems to be doing that to everything all of a sudden, and skipped it.  

in case you’re wondering about the pink, that’s what mixing the Vallejo red and grey primers did. The base was that colour before the drybrush and washes. 

Hoping to get some more work on the brown and get the drybrush done on his scales this weekend.  That’s going to be a lot of drybrushing!! 

Thanks for looking.  
    • By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's another Gnoll I painted. 77388, Gnoll Warrior sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By Maledrakh
      So we are nearing the end of the road. This is the very last of the 163 miniatures in the Bones 4 Core set!
      Last but not least! Or more accurately, Last and the largest by far!

Who am I? I am known as Millstone Shover, Barrel Drinker, Demon Rider and Camel Puncher! But I am no one when compared to you, O Gauth the Magnificent! Gauth the Golden! Gauth the Tremendous! Gauth the Unassessably Wealthy! Gauth the Mighty! Gauth the Terrible! Gauth the Stupendous! Gauth the Tyrannical! Gauth the Impenetrable! Gauth the Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities! Gauth the Does Not Fit In Standard Shelving!

Tommy Too Tall here is about 27cm / over 10 inches tall! I made him a 125mmx100mm base to keep him stable. I had some drooping woes that I have documented in my fixing Droopy The Dragon post back in November of last year.
      I can categorically and firmly state that the fixes have ....worked! Gauth has been standing tall and proud these last few months with no sign of any renewed droopage. I experimented with removing the knee-brace for a while, but then he sorta slumped, so I put it back.

Painting: Black undercoat. Scalecolor Navy Blue all over. When dry, I drybrushed the green parts with Citadel Base Waaagh Flesh, Vallejo Game Color Jade Green 72.026, and Jade Green mixed with Scalecolor Hellbound Flesh SFG-16 in two steps.
      The Blue parts are done in the Navy Blue drybrushed with Army Painter Crystal Blue and Vallejo Game Color Magic Blue 72.021. This was then mixed with Hellbound Flesh, with pure Hellbound Flesh on the top.
      The Yellow parts are Vallejo Model Color Khaki Grey 70.880 with Citadel Layer Iyanden Yellow, with Scalecolor Hykey Yellow (a yellowy bone) on top.
      Plus some small details such as eyes, tongue and teeth in other colours I do not remember which paints I used.

So now the task is done! Challenge complete! Achievement unlocked!

But the road goes ever on and on...

#7 Gauth the Dragon
      Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      unknown sculptor
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      125x100mm base.
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future in Bones.

• By GodOfCheese
      I loved this sculpt from the moment I saw it. I absolutely could not wait to paint it. But I was intimidated by it for a variety of reasons. I didn't like most of the color schemes I initially chose, and repainted him several times. I wanted a decent base for him (I greatly regret not rebasing Cthulhu, for example), etc. etc.  

But then things just kind of came together and I painted the beastie a little bit at a time over the past few days... and I'm really happy with the outcome!

C&C appreciated -- this guy was unexpectedly challenging for me, so there's probably oppo for improvement here. :-)

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)