Yup after that comment in one of my other WIP's I couldn't stop myself from starting a new WIP.  I had this sitting on my queue for a bit now.  Since I've been working on the Zombicide Walkers so much lately I had to try my hand at a different model of zombie.  I decided on Bonesylvanian Barb. The eyes were my first step.  After posting I realized what was bothering me about them.  The light isn't in the same angle on both sides.  Doh! Also all was going well with using the same colors as my other zombies, when I decided to drift from the previous method by adding a glaze to add color.  I tried a dark blue glaze.  While I think that works great for darkening green, not sure it worked so well for the face.  Ah well, live and learn.

Here is the result of tonight's foray:

post-12625-0-50076200-1471488335.jpg

• Like 16

Looks good; my only comment is the eyes are to bright and bushy-tailed for a walking corpse. Ymmv

Loth

• Like 2

I love the eyes personally. They will be either toned down or more striking depending on what else you do to the figure.

Reminds me of the eyes on the girl from iZombie

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvbanners/11904991/p11904991_b_v8_aa.jpg

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 3

I kind of agree on the eyes being to alive, but I think the blue can be fine--think of the white walkers.  You may want to tone down the blue (ie:  mix in some white or a paler blue and make the irises a little more washed out.  Or extend them for that undead stare...or a little OSL effect if you like the white walker theme.

The skin looks a bit alive at this point, but I think with some good warmth in the rest of the palette and/or some deep red hues for contrast, the skin will green up as I think you intended.

Looking good so far!

edit:  For the eyes, you could even just glaze/haze over them with some transparent white to give that clouded look...  Personally I like the brightness just for drawing the (viewer's) eye.

Edited by BLZeebub
  • Like 3

I don't prescribe to the "alive eyes" thing as most vampires we see in movies, etc have very bright blue eyes. Really, the most important thing here is that YOU are happy with the eyes whatever color you decide to do. These are fantasy figures and there's no "right" or "wrong" way to paint them in terms of color or style.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the input. I was actually thinking of going blue and white for the uniform with black hair. Very monotone I know but its what struck me. I'll decide on what direction to finish off the eyes then.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the input. I was actually thinking of going blue and white for the uniform with black hair. Very monotone I know but its what struck me. I'll decide on what direction to finish off the eyes then.

Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing! I love seeing your work.

• Like 2

Well I came down with some bug over the weekend.  Basically went work and slept Fri and Sat.  I felt better today so put in some more work on Barb's skin.  I also put down a base coat on the rest of the mini.  I then moved the white dot on the eye to the other side of the eye.  I also think I want to cut her off her base and put her on a wood floorboard base, to simulate a gym floor.

The unDead cheerleader.

post-12625-0-07742400-1471836919.jpg

• Like 11

I haven't been keeping up on this like I should.  I was away most of this week house sitting for my brother's mini farm. (Which they pay me for, and went directly to my RCon fund.)  I didn't get as much painting done, but I got some done.  Home today and began working more on Barb.  Shirt is whitened and skirt mostly done.  I think I need to bring up the blue in the front more after looking at the photo's.  Shoes, socks, and pom-poms had the highlights blocked in.  Had a bad hair day with her so I gave up on it for the night.

Here the progress:

post-12625-0-11003700-1472958138.jpg

post-12625-0-87413400-1472958138.jpg

• Like 11

Well, I think I'm at the point of calling her just about done (mostly because I want to move on, not because she is done).  I need to cut her off her base and attach her to a new base, which I decided after I already had her mostly finished.  So I need to seal her up a little to let me do that with out ruining work.  Her did not come out the way I wanted (live and learn).  But overall I like the way she turned out.

Here is where she stands at the moment:

post-12625-0-59967500-1473386219.jpg

• Like 9

Very nice!

I don't know why but my mind seems to demand a cigar hanging out of her mouth on the right side (picture left).  That would make her the tough Zombie cheer leader!

• Like 5

She is THE CUTEST of Living Impaired Yet Still Enthusiastic Cheerleaders. You are doing an OUTSTANDING job with brush & palette. GREAT WORK!

I second the cigar.

• Like 3

I am rather awe-struck on the shading on the back of her skirt, so epic!

Thanks! I was kinda surprised by how well it looks to be honest.

Very nice!

I don't know why but my mind seems to demand a cigar hanging out of her mouth on the right side (picture left).  That would make her the tough Zombie cheer leader!

She is THE CUTEST of Living Impaired Yet Still Enthusiastic Cheerleaders. You are doing an OUTSTANDING job with brush & palette. GREAT WORK!

I second the cigar.

Thanks Folks, now I can't help but see the cigar!  No fair... I was supposed to be done with her.  Time to break out the epoxy.

• Like 4