Base Boss by Reaper

nakos

Was there a deadline for locking in announced for this one yet?

nvm, end of November.

Went ahead and locked mine in. Stuck to $18 worth of slotless square bases and slotted square 50mm bases because slotless wasn't an option. That I could find, anyway.

• Like 1

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nvm, end of November.

Went ahead and locked mine in. Stuck to $18 worth of slotless square bases and slotted square 50mm bases because slotless wasn't an option. That I could find, anyway.

I thought it was much closer to the *beginning* of November. I seem to remember next Friday, the 3rd, being the deadline, but don't hold me to that.

Time to finalize if you haven't, at any rate.

• Like 1

I got a pack of blue bases and swapped out some for green and yellow.  Since I have red ordered from the KS they were not needed.  Always nice to have people around willing to swap out stuff or give things they don't need away.

Says one of the most generous guys on the forum.   :lol:

generosity-840x420-358x240.jpg

• Like 5

nvm, end of November.

I thought it was much closer to the *beginning* of November. I seem to remember next Friday, the 3rd, being the deadline, but don't hold me to that.

I was mistaken the same way. More time is good.  I still don't know what I might need. How do I figure it out?

nvm, end of November.

I was mistaken the same way. More time is good.  I still don't know what I might need. How do I figure it out?

I decided to treat it like a candy sampler rather than try to work out exactly what I need now. I got a few each of some useful-looking types of bases, figuring it's enough to play with and get a more solid idea of what sorts of things I need later.

• Like 4

I got a pack of blue bases and swapped out some for green and yellow. Since I have red ordered from the KS they were not needed. Always nice to have people around willing to swap out stuff or give things they don't need away.

I left mine on the table for others as I knew I would not use them. Hope they got good homes!

Edited by Harrek
  • Like 2

I put in a dollar because I wasn't sure what I need, but I'm still not sure what I might need. There are hundreds of pieces in my own collection including those from Bones 1, and I'm in for a bunch of other figure Kickstarters including Bones 3 with lots of extras.

How do I get my head around it all?

I did this also.

I will get some ovals and possibly some rounds in case I want to try Age of Skirmish...and perhaps Dragon Rampant.

• Like 1

Question in regards to shipping:

Does shipping costs get added every time you place a "order" after you've locked in your pledge?

I was gonna add anther order but wondered about shipping costs first.

Either way, still a damn good bargain on bases.

• Like 1

I've just tested that on my account and it appears that shipping is only added if your total order will move you into another shipping tier.

And that is only the difference between what you've already paid for shipping and what you now need to pay for shipping.

Edited by ratsmitglied
  • Like 3

rats is right. 

The Pm estimates the weight and volume of your parcel. It submits this data to the appropriate carrier (USMail, Royal mail, etc.) and returns a value. 

If you add a second order, it combines everything and submits a second estimate. It is possible, because the postal services work in "range bands" that your new total doesn't require any additional postage, and your shipping will not increase. If your shipping should increase, we will subtract form the new rate the rate you previously paid, charging you only the difference, not for a whole new parcel.

rats is right. 

The Pm estimates the weight and volume of your parcel. It submits this data to the appropriate carrier (USMail, Royal mail, etc.) and returns a value. 

If you add a second order, it combines everything and submits a second estimate. It is possible, because the postal services work in "range bands" that your new total doesn't require any additional postage, and your shipping will not increase. If your shipping should increase, we will subtract form the new rate the rate you previously paid, charging you only the difference, not for a whole new parcel.

Thx for the answer! Also thanks to rats for answering as well.

• Like 1