Base Boss by Reaper

nakos

74039 Black Lipped No Slot Square 25mm Game x 4 @ $4 ($1 per piece)

Just curious why this item is so much more expensive than many of the others. For example, 74015

Black Lipped Slotted Square 25mm Game x 22 @ $2. ($.09 per piece)

Ah yes. There was an error, two parts had been transposed in the listing. (qty for 2 parts was swapped incorrectly, in the source fie they were out of order). Good catch!

So playing around with the pledge manager, it does not look like free shipping in the US this time?

No backers will get free shipping, this is correct. We will still be shipping from within the US and Australia so there will be appreciably fewer taxes/fees.

So looking at the video is this KS just for plain black bases of various size and edges?

Yes. 17 new styles we have never produced before, and although not in the KS rewards, through the PM we are offering other bases as well.

Just submitted my first great idea of what to do with all these bases. Has anyone else submitted an idea?

Submitted ideas are added to the baseboss page each day. We have 6 received so far, 3 with pictures!

http://www.reapermini.com/baseboss

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I have to wait for the KS to go live to learn when you're expecting to deliver on this?  Not that that is too long of a wait, just curious.   Delivery time probably makes a difference on how big I'll go in - if it's expected to hit before I move, I'll probably go smaller than I will if it will deliver afterwards. 

February 2017. We will be making these all in house so expect not to have delays induced by translation and customs.

Yay for autonomous Thomas, well except for adding more plastic to the hopper, and in-house direct observation of progress.

• Like 1

I thought about going through the list of ideas mentioned on the page and get pics of each one in use but not sure how I could pull off some of them.

• Tile your bathroom - I have a very large bathroom and only a handful of bases from the last 2 KS campaigns.
  • Bring back Pog - Easy to do and would just need to pull down the Pog set and mix in some bases.
  • Play base Blind Man's Bluff -  not sure what Blind Man's Bluff even is and afraid to Google it from work. :)
  • Use them as poker chips - being a poker player this one is a no brainer.
  • Cover your neighbors car with them -  I got a nice neighbor that just may let me try this one.
  • Mount the most awesome figure you have ever painted on the most incredible base ever produced - since i have only painted a small handful I could do this.
  • Make an engagement ring and get married -  already married and if I tried to marry another I might get in trouble.
  • Create assorted jewelry and hit a game con - Easy peasy lemon squeazy
  • Build a road - Now you are just being silly
  • Fill your friends swimming pool - I like my friends too much but could find an enemy with a pool.
  • Trade them with friends -  No issue there
  • Perfect gift for that favorite mother-in-law - She lives with us so that would be easy and funny to do

My only issue is I am too lazy to get started on these. :/

• Like 4

I plan to store mine in carelessly sealed packaging in the basement until they ripen to their full potential, say about 15 years from now.  The flavor and texture will bloom to perfection at about the same time as the many miniature figure projects I have backed this year. 

• Like 10

February 2017. We will be making these all in house so expect not to have delays induced by translation and customs.

Good for you and others, bummer for me, because anything I get I'll have to move.  Oh well, it's not like these are going to be limited edition bases (or are they?) that I can't get later at retail.  

FYI, you double posted the same pic I sent.

Also, when does the contest end?

I'm going to guess when the KS ends or when shipping is about to start.

ETA: Or maybe sometime between :P

Edited by nakos
  • Like 1

Will there be an add-on only pledge level? I don't see the $1 thank you pledge in the core section like there usually is...

As an RPGer only 2/7 of the new round sizes in the Core appeal to me, but I'd like to pickup some stacks of the 25mm/50mm/75mm/100mm bases as well as the flying inserts.

Edited by jcg
  • Like 1

Will there be an add-on only pledge level? I don't see the $1 thank you pledge in the core section like there usually is...

As an RPGer only 2/7 of the new round sizes in the Core appeal to me, but I'd like to pickup some stacks of the 25mm/50mm/75mm/100mm bases as well as the flying inserts.

if you want just an add-on, then select just the add-on.