Base Boss by Reaper

nakos

[...]

55mm bases, not lipped flat sided would be a huge reason for me to jump in, at least 50 or so of those just for myself. I could see my son grabbing around the same amount as well, who knows about the rest of the group.

[...]

Loop the rest of us in, could you? What purpose does a 55mm base serve? What game is it for?

At a hair bigger than a 2 inch, but 5mm less than a Space Marine terminator base the size is oddball. Please explain more.

So GW Space Marine Terminators are on 60mm bases now???

And I'm also curious as to what game uses 55mm bases?

• Like 1

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As mikem91 said, Infinity uses 55mm bases. Not sure what else. And yes they are hard to find in that size.

Will there be any textured bases? Like:

swmbgs3201.jpg

Our position on that product is as follows:

Secret Weapons (and others) make that product, and do an excellent job of it.

We make the minis.

They make accessories.

We make money.

They make money.

Everybody wins.

I understand, but it's too bad. As a war gamer all of the minis that I buy already come with plain, bare-bones bases. (Pardon the pun.) So I don't really have a need for more of them. I would have loved to been able to get some textured bases like those in bulk.

• Like 1

We have re-shot most of the images. The new images now look less "black blob" and have high contrast allowing you to more clearly see the bevels, lips, rims, trims, slots, and textures.

I want to know what Freedom Bases are...

ETA: Can we put base size/shape requests here?

*I* know what freedom bases are... :devil:

What do I click on to find the images? I have yet to see any iteration of them.

Click on the name or description of the base in the Pledge Manager.

The pictures for *everything* in all of the pledge managers we run have always been loaded in, and you can see them by clicking.

Since this seems to be a common question, I'll look at how feasible it is to (quickly, since my time allocation for "Pledge manager feature development" is nonexistent) make this existing future more obvious.

I added a button. It says "Show me!" and when you click it, it shows you the pictures.

The functionality that shows you the images when you click elsewhere on the name/description of the rewards still functions, also. 

Technically, the button itself does nothing, except give a visible target for the clicking that was always possible...

Edited by Reaperbryan

The pictures for *everything* in all of the pledge managers we run have always been loaded in, and you can see them by clicking.

Since this seems to be a common question, I'll look at how feasible it is to (quickly, since my time allocation for "Pledge manager feature development" is nonexistent) make this existing future more obvious.

I was going to suggest a little + by the name since that is a norm for displaying more info like this on a lot of sites.  The "Show Me" also works.

EDIT: I also like the new images.  It makes a big difference!

Edited by hungerfan
  • Like 2

I was going to suggest a little + by the name since that is a norm for displaying more info like this on a lot of sites.  The "Show Me" also works.

EDIT: I also like the new images.  It makes a big difference!

I toyed with ideas for graphical or iconographical solutions. In the end, though, time was limited and a simple button with text was easy to make and easy to make work.

Will there be any textured bases? Like:

swmbgs3201.jpg

Our position on that product is as follows:

Secret Weapons (and others) make that product, and do an excellent job of it.

We make the minis.

They make accessories.

We make money.

They make money.

Everybody wins.

There is a base type I have not seen that might be useful. If you could do the hex bases for CAV with some type of texture that could be cool. I don't know of any company currently doing that.

• Like 3

[...]

55mm bases, not lipped flat sided would be a huge reason for me to jump in, at least 50 or so of those just for myself. I could see my son grabbing around the same amount as well, who knows about the rest of the group.

[...]

Loop the rest of us in, could you? What purpose does a 55mm base serve? What game is it for?

At a hair bigger than a 2 inch, but 5mm less than a Space Marine terminator dreadnaught base the size is oddball. Please explain more.

So GW Space Marine Terminators are on 60mm bases now???

And I'm also curious as to what game uses 55mm bases?

The big clompy robot ones? that fit one on a drop pod...maybe the word I shoulda picked was "Dreadnaught"?

Fixing it.

• Like 1