Sign in to follow this  
Ghool

Confrontation Foorian - Commission

What I've done in the past (and really need to do again now that I've got so many damn bases), is to grind or cut down the top of a base at an angle so it forms a wedge shape, and then use that to prop up the miniature while taking pics of it... (If you can't change the angle of the camera, change the angle of the mini, right?) Because it's a base, it doesn't look as out-of-place in the pics as some other item used to prop up the mini to get a better viewing angle. And you can always slap a quick coat of paint on it to match the base of whatever you're shooting if you want to.

(Also, if you use bases without a beveled edge, you can glue two of them together before cutting it down to get a taller wedge if necessary, although usually raising one side of the mini up just that extra three or four millimeters does a lot to improve the viewing angle.)

• Like 2

I've found Rackham's pieces to be intimidating with all the fiddly little details;  SO you've gained my admiration simply by doing the Beasty up. AND that is a BEAUTY...WONDERFULLY  painted in a SPLENDID choice of colors. The metalwork is especially cool. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      This is from Rackham/Confrontation an Ophidian Warrior.
      He is a Heavy Snake Infantryman for my Lost World.

He originally came with a sword to put on his side, but I left it off.
      Liked him better this way.

He is on a resin base from Micro Art Studio enhanded with Vallejo Still Water.
      WIP is here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=136

On to the pics, some against my Jungle Backdrop Board.
      Likes and comments welcome.

• By NyarlaBcn
      Well, that one was a bit challenging. Mostly for the patience it takes to go through all his gold decoration lol 
      The palette is nothing special: I tried to copy Confrontation's official painting, except I used true metals because NMM are far beyond my hability. 
      Confrontation was well known for a while as one of the top miniature companies in the market. Tons of figures with a bold and eccentric design. I have a few of them but Misran is the first I actually paint. I think it's pretty original, fun, and a good example of Confrontation's fantasy style where proportion or logic matters less than eye appeal. 

All critiques so very welcome! 

• By Glitterwolf
      Another on of my real oldies.

Tried an albino look on this one.
      French company Rackham made these for their Confrontation line.
      Great minis, now oop, replaced by low quality plastics before the company crumbled.

• By Silver Jack
      Hi,
      they wait three years for painting. When I started miniature painting i fell in love with rackham miniatures but I thought I was not enough skilled to paint them. Now I think I am:).

I want to make a freehand on shields of last two skorize warriors but I have to rest a while. Making bases was super fun.
      All comments are welcome.
    • By Ghool
      Another Foorian from Confrontation for a client wanting these models in a ocean theme. This one went really quick - 5 hours start to finish with lots of glazes and feathering. Very little blending used here at all.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 2 Anonymous, 153 Guests (See full list)