Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

The Goblin Launcher WIP

Just fancied doing a project thread for no particular reason.

Still very much obsessed with Games Workshop minis at the moment, and this one in particular is a Big Mek Ork with a Shokk Attack Gun.

(A Shokk Attack Gun is a short-range teleporter linked to an industrial strength vacuum. Goblins are sucked up at one end and beamed out of the other, the idea being to get them to re-materialize inside your enemies. Nothing is going to ruin someone's day like a panicked Goblin suddenly appearing in your stomach.)

Haven't got too far yet:-

ZeiyFDB.jpg

Mini has been partially assembled (I prefer painting once fully assembled, but this one just has too many nooks and cranny's) and mounted on pins. Now I'm just waiting for a free cork (I seem to have misplaced most of mine) and I can make a start on the first piece, the Ork himself.

• Like 17

Progress:-

8rrdFle.jpgECKqCDe.jpg

But not too much.

Basically got his skin basecoated with Vallejo Dwarf Flesh mixed with a tiny drop of Vallejo Scarlet Red.

Now to wait until the weather cools down a bit and I can do some more.

• Like 15

Life isn't easy for Goblins...at least not in 40 K or War Hammer. That is, however, a REALLY COOL model.  Have FUN with it!

• Like 3

More progress:-

8jNTYt0.jpg

Lesson learnt in this paint session, I can't mix paint by eye.

After a wash in Fleshshade, I tried to recreate that Dwarf Flesh + Scarlet Red colour I basecoated him in, but it always ended up either too pink or not pink enough.

Eventually I had to settle for close enough, but between that and the pure Dwarf Flesh highlights, his skin has ended up more normal than I wanted.

He also got a Vallejo Hexed Lichen tongue, and (Tanned Leather > 1:1 Tanned Leather/Vallejo Bonewhite > Bonewhite > Brown Wash) teeth.

BqJkFVQ.jpg

Lesson learnt in this painting session, I should have left his head unattached, it was really hard to paint under his chin.

Painted his tatty vest (Vallejo Ghost Grey > Vallejo Off-white > Thinned Greyshade wash) and his trousers (3:1 Sapphire Blue/Vallejo Wolf Grey, shaded with pure Sapphire Blue, 1:1 Sapphire Blue/Wolf Grey highlights and a thinned Blue Ink glaze).

• Like 13

So much going on with this guy. I'm eager to see what you do with his skin.

Thanks, but I'm already pretty much done with his skin. There's not a whole lot of places to highlight on his face, so I understand if he looks a bit unfinished.

More progress:-

HX2iC2a.jpgYdQtudI.jpg

Did all the leather parts (Lonestar Leather > 1:1 Lonestar Leather/Palomino Gold > Brown Wash).

Then I made a start on his enormous amount of metal gubbins. At this point I'd being working on the steel parts, giving them a Vallejo Oily Steel basecoat plus a Black Wash.

Even more progress:-

PyeNAHc.jpgAV9R96K.jpg

Now I've finished off the steel parts with highlights of Oily Steel and Vallejo Chainmail Silver, plus I've undercoated all the bronze and brass bits with Ruddy Leather.

• Like 17

Thanks guys!

I like this technology.  I always wanted to cosplay a chestburster. 

I don't know, the goblin that comes with this mini doesn't look particularly happy about what's happening to him.

Progress:-

BSqN2oh.jpgTXu1BUL.jpg

That's the metals done (Vallejo Brassy Brass and Vallejo Bronze), plus the lens in his mechanical eyes (one red and one blue).

Not sure why my camera can't pick up very light blue but they do look quite good in hand, might try putting a small dot of bright orange in the centre of the red one though.

• Like 12

Thanks!

Double progress update today:-

rIfqbQc.jpgL6Cmq17.jpg

And he's done (at least this part of him).

Did all the cables on him with alternating colours (Vallejo Sick Green, Blood Red, Vallejo Andrea Blue) and his crotch-plate and hand-guard with hazard stripes (Oiled Leather > Palomino Gold > 2:1 Palomino Gold/Off-white and Pure Black stripes).

What do people think of the hazard stripes?

It's seemed like a neat idea at the time, but now I'm not so sure.

• Like 15

Looking Fantastic Aku-Chan !

Thanks for calling out the colors, nice to see what folks are mixing together !!!

Interesting flesh choices ! 

Thanks for making a WIP !  They can spur you on, and can also make you examine how you do things,

and maybe  modify, or streamline your process ! 

• Like 2