Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

Mango Timur (77148), and Ragnaros (77150) Bones Knights

This past week I started the Dark Heroes set from the Bones 1 KS, and painted the two knights: Mangu Timur and Ragnaros, Evil Warrior, from that set.   I didn't attempt anything too fancy on them, just did them up for tabletop use.

IMG_8069.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

IMG_8075.jpg

​For the full step-by-step painting blog entry, please see:  Mangu & Ragnaros

• Like 18

great job giving the armor depth. awesome bases simple but good.

Thank you, viking hank!   I am rather pleased with how the armor came out on these guys for quick and simple dry brushing.

Very Nice!

Thank you Xherman!

• Like 1

You did a great job on both of those!  I really like the basing you did for them.

Thanks, hiddenone!  These are mounted on fender washers, and then I applied some dried coffee grounds to look like dirt and then some green flock.

• Like 1

You did a great job on both of those!  I really like the basing you did for them.

Thanks, hiddenone!  These are mounted on fender washers, and then I applied some dried coffee grounds to look like dirt and then some green flock.

That's pretty cool. Never thought of using coffee grounds before.

• Like 1

That's pretty cool. Never thought of using coffee grounds before.

If you do, you need to use real coffee, not instant.  Use used grounds, and let them throughly dry out in the open air before using for basing. I've heard some folks worry about using food items for their basing for fear of molding, but I have never had that problem (and I've been using them for many years now).  Granted, between the glue and the Dullcote spray, not much air of moisture can actually get to the grounds anymore.

Howdy,

Just wondering if there is a gallery somewhere for your "All Bones About It" project. Don't tell me I have to put forth some effort and work back through your blog...

Please?

P.S. I'll do it if I have to, but it doesn't hurt to ask?

• Like 1

Howdy,

Just wondering if there is a gallery somewhere for your "All Bones About It" project. Don't tell me I have to put forth some effort and work back through your blog...

Please?

P.S. I'll do it if I have to, but it doesn't hurt to ask?

Sorry, but no there isn't. I began working on it at least a year before I had even joined the forums here, so never started a forum based gallery, and never thought to do one on the blog itself. I'm afraid you're going to have to do it the long way. :(

I'd like to think that it is worth the effort. :)

• Like 1