Corporea

Portrait of a Young Tiefling Bust, DS minis

Beeeautiful work, Corporea! Love it! Inspirational (and I'm totally stealing a lot of that when I get to this one...).

I hear you on directional lighting. It seems a lot of my focus lately has been on improving my lighting game, how to light things that aren't lit or fake in things that are easy in 2d. I think you did pretty well with teh back, though you could've put in just a wee bit more variation on the back's flesh tones. The main thing holding it back I think is that the other materials aren't as dramatically lit as the skin tones (most noticeably the sleeves).

Picking nits, of course. I always feel weird critiquing really nice art :)

• Like 5

Somewhere my eyes are on the ground around here !!

That is just shear ! OMG !!!

Incredible !

• Like 2

I'm reading this as a young maiden trying to fit in who applies foundation/powder to blend in with humans as much as possible, but can't reach her back. So the back of the shoulders are her "real" skin tone.

Excellent work from horn to base, and all the bits between!

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cyradis
      This is the end result of me trying ~2.5 sources of light for OSL. Red from magic runes below, teal from a flame in hand, and some moonlight from above.
      The character is our magic user (archivist/wizard/mystic theurge for Wee Jas), who got pretty beat up last session - but he got better. Hence title "revived". His familiar is an Aussie magpie, which was so vexing to paint, because instead of just a black bird, she has some spots. Gah!
      The character is pale, with black hair, and wears black and gray.... so I had a bit of an adventure trying to work around that too.
      The figure is a converted version of Dark Sword's Stephanie Law "Male Mage". I took it off the base and put it on a new one (I think MicroArtStudio?). I also filed off the tiny beard to make it just a little more different. I then took off the staff, and took the Bird on a Rock from that kickstarter and put it on the hand. That thing is on there with superglue, greenstuff, and prayers.
      The red OSL specifically wouldn't have been possible with my Reaper reds; that's Kimera paints. I tried Reaper Blood Red and it just wouldn't go bright enough. On the palette, it looks the same as Kimera's "The Red", but The Red is just sooooo much more vibrant. I thinned the heck out of it and started glazing it in.

Weakest point I think is the bird, but eh, that's okay.

Photos aren't perfect, but still better than what I used to get. Going to fiddle around with stuff again soon.

• By Mckenna35
      Some pretty good deals in the early bird specials:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/399883540/orc-warband-collectors-by-yedharo-and-gt-studio-cr

Offering 30mm, 70mm, Busts and 1/10 () Scale figures.  Something for everyone!  

I got the early bird 4 bust deal.  FWIW I have some of their earlier figures and they've been very good quality.
    • By SGHawkins09
      This was one of my diorama entries for ReaperCon featuring miniatures from Dark Sword Miniatures. I had diorama ideas centered around the female figure occupying my mind for a while before I settled on this one. I tried a few other figures with her but nothing fit until I got the male figure and then added the wolf. I am very happy with how it came together and was very pleased that it received a Gold medal in the Diorama Category. I also was honored to receive second place diorama from Dark Sword.

• By HolkDiggity
      My second ReaperCon diorama started as an idea of having Jason Wiebe's Tiger Lily Mage holding a stop sign. When I started looking through the rest of the Dark Sword Miniatures Critter Kingdoms line, I quickly realized that there was potential to build a multitude of scenes. I planned out a simple story: Tiger Lily stops traffic, which would be another animal of some kind, and another animal crosses the street. The Squirrel on a Turtle was perfectly awesome for the traffic, and the Pretty Princess cat noble was great for the pedestrian. I also had a bunch of resin groceries and dressing that I wanted to use, and the Hedgehog Bard made for a great half-oblivious grocer. Oh, and the streets on the sign are named after Mr. Wiebe's other dogs.

This diorama won 2nd Place overall Critter Kingdom Anthropomorphic Animals award, which came with a pretty great store credit prize at Dark Sword. I was honestly so blown away that it was chosen, I barely remember walking up to accept the award, lol.

• By Stonebred
      This is the Tiefling Sorcerer for a D&D campaign starting near me. I created a backstory as well if you have interest in reading it. I posted the backstory on the Works in Progress forum too as I was painting him. Anyways, I hope you like him (and the backstory!).

• Who's Online   47 Members, 4 Anonymous, 173 Guests (See full list)