Sign in to follow this  
Natakue

Super Chibi Round 2 by MidKnight Heroes

Super%20Chibi%20Round%202%20Launch_5.jpg

Super Chibi Round 2 by MidKnight Heroes is now live on Kickstarter. This time, we have 4 new Sci-Fi/Modern Chibis to fund. We also have 4 new and cool stretch goals planned that fit in that theme as well. Stop by and take a look. A;so feel free to drop us a line with any question and we will get back to you asap.

Kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1946588239/super-chibi-round-2

So who are the characters we have planned this time?

Takata: The Cynobi Assassin

Takata_SCR2_2.jpg

takata_final_1.jpg

The rest of the characters are still in the sculpting phase and as soon as we get an update we will share.

Jaxx, S.E.E.D. Special forces officer

Jaxx_SCR2_1.jpg

Me'Thule the robotic Knight

methul_scr2_1.jpg

And Busta the gun wielding DJ.

busta_SCR2_1.jpg

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

I might back for one or two of the add-ons later, but the main 4 doesn't really interest me.

but...

Will they be cast in the same type of resin as the first set?

(It looks and feels too similar to the Trollcast resin from Impact! and I don't want that pain.)

Gadgetman, yes its is the same type of resin. The main issue is the mold release. We have found a way around that and you will not have that issue with our miniatures from now on. Now with that said we are always looking into ways to improve the cast and the resin. Between now and delivery things could change for the better. 

Just a side note we have figured out a new method (well new for us) and at some point our line will switch over to that new method of casting but we want to get some more tests in before we go all in.

Edited by Natakue

So let's start the day off with a thank you and an update.

Thank you so much for all the support yesterday. We were able to get to 50% funded on day one and that was amazing! Now the goal for today is to try and get to %75 or higher. WE CAN DO IT!

Now with that said I want to give you an update. Last night before I went to bed I was sent a picture of the WIP sculpt of Jaxx. I was just amazed at his sculpt. Now, his gun is not done but his body is. Keep in mind this is not the final pose but on man does it not look good. I'm excited!

Natakue

Jaxx_wip_2.jpg

Oversized mech helmet, half finished armor, baggy shirt and pants, giant backpack ... wait I've seen this kid at every convention I go to.

• Like 3

ah  that's better, now here's the update

OK, so I lied. I told you I would not do an update every night, but you guys hit $2,500. So I have to update you. As I promised we hit $2,500 so it's time to show off the first stretch goal. Let me introduce you to Breeann, S.E.E.D. special forces officer and partner to Jaxx.

56d0c0448f2c7326c3e276001c93633f_origina

Now I know we are ways out to unlock her but we are only $1000 away from funding. Once we fund we can start on unlocking her. 

Now a little back story to Breeann. Well, she is a southern bell and has a special place in her heart for her partner Jaxx. At a young age, she was taught how to shoot by her father, a SWAT officer in the New Eden police force. From there she took her talents and became a professional sharpshooter, she won several accolades for her skills and was well known as one of the best shooters. When the new Destroids known as S.E.E.D.s came on the scene and began to cause major trouble, she was recruited into the S.E.E.D. special forces and partnered up with Jaxx. From there the two formed an unbreakable bond and now are one of the top units to take out rogue S.E.E.D.s

So there you have it a little back story to Breeann. I can't wait to unlock her. Now this is just the concept art and not the final pose. 

Let us know what you think.

Natakue

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured

YES, 86%! Man, we are doing good and we still have 23 days to go. This should be no problem to fund! We got this!  

Ok with that said I wanted to let those who pledged for the play test know what's going on with it. So, we are in the process of getting it put together and a few days after funding it will go out via our website and you can download it there. It will be in a zip file as it's a print and play version. It will mainly be in B&W to save on ink but there will be a few files to have some color if you want color printouts. Now the game board will be smaller than the official version. We did that because the game board is 9 x 18 and well, you really can't print that off so we made a print and play 8 1/2 x 11 board. Also, even though you won't have the minis from this Kickstarter at that time when you get the playtest you will have all their moves, and the moves from the characters in Super Chibi Kickstarter to play with. Also, you will have the character creation rules as well to test out your own creations. Now if you get the playtest of the game we will create special facebook group that you can post all your feedback. We will then make any changes we feel are needed and let you download the updated version from there.  

So yeah fun times ahead!  

So, here is a pick of the playtest board for reference. Again is not the official size but it will work for the playtest. There will be a version that has a white BG and one that has a color logo on it as well. When we get the cards done we will let you know. 

841a435ac786348ec9cd8b3e7ccab1ec_origina
 September 9th!

On the 9th MidKnight Heroes will be hosting a special google hangout. We will be painting chibi's talking games and talking Super Chibi. We encourage you all to stop by but, be warned space is limited. Google hangout puts a cap on how many can join. If you miss it that's fine. We are going to try and record it for later viewing.   We will update you with the link on the 9th.

Well there you have it, we hope you all had a great Labor Day and see you in the next update. Sorry, this one was not to say we funded. :(

Natakue

A wee facebook update

14224950_1178947332162387_45276264415868

So yeah we are at 91% funded right now. Man, I'm telling you I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! But ,anyhow today I got another update on Jaxx. He's still not done but we have made some amazing progress and I wanted to show you. Take a look and let us know what you think. #MKHSCHIBIR2 

WE DID IT! YES! WE MADE FUNDING! It's was a hard fought battle but we made it. Now let's see if we can get some stretch goals unlocked! First up, Breeann S.E.E.D. Special forces officer and partner to Jaxx. Like all the other miniatures she will be 30mm and cast in resin. She will require paint and assembly.

Breeann: Unlocked at $6000

56d0c0448f2c7326c3e276001c93633f_origina

When we hit $4500 We will show off the next stretch goal.

This is awesome guys, you have made this happen. Without you, there would not be a Midknight Heroes. Thanks!

Natakue 

Update:

So as you know by now the other day we made funding. Since then it been a bumpy ride but we all know it's all going to work out in the end. With that said we want to remind you that if you missed out on the first Kickstarter you can now get them as an add-on. For just $10 you can get either Elizabeth, MidKnight or Damien Kane. Oh and at the time of this update, there is one Mega Pledge left so you can get all four of the first minis if you want. 

Also, we want to let you know we did send out the message to start working on Me'Tule but that had to be put on hold for a bit. Our sculptor is backed up a little and we did not want to overload him at this time. Don't worry as soon as we can get started on him we will. 

Game News:

3rd wave of playtesting is done. Man, this game has gone through allot of changes. I would sit here and tell you all the changes but till you get your hands on it, it would not make sense. But know this by the time the playtesters get the game it going to be sharp! 

Now with that said let's take some time to talk about what the game really is. It seems I have been too cryptic about it, and with good reason but now is the time to open up a little about it. 

The game will be called Super Chibi A.C.E. (Arcade Combat Engine), not Super Chibi Clash. The story of the game will take place in the world of Super Chibi Clash, but the system will be universal to all the Super Chibi worlds. Those who have been following us from the start know that is a departure for what we wanted to do but this will still serve the same function, bringing al the worlds together. The game is meant to be a throwback or pay homage to the old 2d fighting games of old. We can not mention names but you know the ones I'm talking about. It had fireballs, Sonic Boom, Yoga fire, and all that good stuff.  Yeah, you know the one. Our goal is to match that arcade experience as close as we can but on the game board. We feel that we have done that. Now it still needs tweaking but the overall feel matches that 100%. The game is 100% card driven (54cards) and is played on a 9 x 18 vinyl mat. The game will come with pre-made characters, (ours) and you can even create your own fighters with chibis you already own using the same rules we used to create our characters. The game will come with everything you need to play, the deck, the matt and a nice rulebook. But we will also supply the rules free of charge if you don't want to buy the box set and just use your characters. We will sell the decks and mat separate if that is what you want. Also, know that you do not have to use Chibi's with this game. You can use any miniature and make your own tournament. It's all good.

Now, as we get closer to the game Kickstarter we will share with you the art and how to play videos so you can get an understanding how it plays. I hope this helps you understand what the game will be. 

Now I know I have said this before but you just do not understand how grateful me and the team are for your support. This means allot to us that you believe in us and want to see MidKnight Heroes grow. Thank you!

Natakue and the MidKnight Heroes team