PaganMegan

Mars Attacks!

Is it just Grump and his friends, or does Mars Attacks make full grown men act like complete goobs all the time?

I think that their game is winding down, though the Grump is saying Stomp! Stomp! Stomp! in a loud voice as he moves the Robot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think it may have that effect on grown women as well, and on juveniles of any gender. For whatever that's worth.

I think that she was objecting to my Ack! Ack! Ack! and the other player's singing Indian Love Call. (A song that I wouldn't even attempt.)

Dennis has even less of an excuse than I would - he's Pasamaquoddy. He should be offended by the horrible thing!

The Auld Grump - heck, my head nearly exploded, let alone the heads of my Martians....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have no idea how balanced the game is - but it is a whole lot of very silly fun - the Martians even have a shrink Ray!

We played two games - each of us taking the Martians in one, the US Army in the other.

And the Big Stompy Robot is the star of the show, as well as wielder of the Shrink Ray - they even have some little tiny shrunken soldiers!

It played a lot like the movie - lots and lots of people getting horribly killed, and flaming cows trampling their way across the board.

The brick terrain is useful for a lot of games, from WWII to post-apocalyptic.

Plus, Dennis is thinking of running an RPG, maybe using 5e D&D, converted to modern.

So, I give it a thumbs up, but recommend playing twice and swapping sides, so things balance out - I think that the Martians are more fun to play. (Or, maybe, I just like going Ack! Ack! Ack!)

The Auld Grump - I own one of the Big Stompy Robots - it came in a mystery box....

• Like 4

I may bring this game up with my friends and see if there's enough interest to warrant buying it.

But who doesn't like making "pew pew" and "gshunk gshunk" noises for lasers and giant robots, respectively?

Resurrecting an old thread mostly cause I didn’t want to start a new one, but can anyone confirm that Mantics Mars Attacks Game has been discontinued? That their licence hasn’t been renewed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Resurrecting an old thread mostly cause I didn’t want to start a new one, but can anyone confirm that Mantics Mars Attacks Game has been discontinued? That their licence hasn’t been renewed.

Gone and sold off on clearance just a few months ago. They don't even offer the Mantic Points stuff anymore (missed my chance at getting the Martian Zombies)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, IgwanaRob said:

Gone and sold off on clearance just a few months ago. They don't even offer the Mantic Points stuff anymore (missed my chance at getting the Martian Zombies)

::o:

Well dang.