Modular Underground Project by Maki Games

Darsc Zacal

87K! Handrails unlocked! 17 backers left to unlock the social stretch goal!

.stl add-on added. SF pieces from their catalog added.

Note: 92K New Walls are *diagonals* (and have been unlocked)!

6900925e3d40129f542dd5645df89247_origina

3a1aba78bc219246b2ebadbc90bcddd4_origina

f6e5fe592d5450af706436f50fe4d922_origina

4e8f532a7ca2d11cec66597304d4af90_origina

35fd9a905601df8d75123650a3369bf1_origina

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Maglok: I am Chris from Maki Games. One of our backers invited us to reply on this topic. I hope my direct post is in line with the policies of the forum.

We have already worked with Chinese factories in the past and the quality of our products is well known. In our first Kickstarter we had some delay due to inexperience and yet we fulfilled all the rewards. The structure of that Kickstarter forced us to package the rewards ourselves. This took a ridiculous amount of time, since every single order was very different from the others. Lesson learned.

After that we did several smaller crowdfunding which were delivered on time, with a minor delay and in a some cases even ahead of time. For the Modular Underground Project the pledges are more structured, boxes will be packed directly in China and rewards will be sent directly to the fulfillment centers.

Hope this helps clearing your doubts.

That does help. Thanks for taking the time.

Noticed the amsterdam location. Dutch work, me like. Living in Utrecht here.

*Seriously considering now*

Spaceship corridor pic from Scale Model Challenge 2016.

108K - Windows unlocked!

8c7f7f108f81d3d74347c1defe14c45c_origina

def327d72d5319be7dbc06f73d670bfd_origina

The general look reminds of the pieces from the Bug Hunt Corridors kckstarter from several years ago...

Which are still sitting untouched in their original shipping boxes next to my desk waiting to be painted and assembled. :down:

• Like 1

@Maglok: I am Chris from Maki Games. One of our backers invited us to reply on this topic. I hope my direct post is in line with the policies of the forum.

We have already worked with Chinese factories in the past and the quality of our products is well known. In our first Kickstarter we had some delay due to inexperience and yet we fulfilled all the rewards. The structure of that Kickstarter forced us to package the rewards ourselves. This took a ridiculous amount of time, since every single order was very different from the others. Lesson learned.

After that we did several smaller crowdfunding which were delivered on time, with a minor delay and in a some cases even ahead of time. For the Modular Underground Project the pledges are more structured, boxes will be packed directly in China and rewards will be sent directly to the fulfillment centers.

Hope this helps clearing your doubts.

That does help. Thanks for taking the time.

Noticed the amsterdam location. Dutch work, me like. Living in Utrecht here.

*Seriously considering now*

I hate to be that guy but Maki are not being honest. They never finished their first KSer, the sci-fi one, and an indigogo's (under a different name) that they haven't come close to fulfilling.

But you don't have to take my word on it, you can go read their backer comments to find out yourselves.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mk1881-himeros-fantasy-football-chaos-team#/comments

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rolljordan/maki-games-high-quality-modular-wargaming-terrain/comments

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with being that guy! 

MAKI has plans for different terrain designs for a future KS. So they can certainly use this KS to build a track record for their project history.

Myself, I just dropped $50 on KoW in an eBay flash sale, and will be spending $75 on the League of Legends boardgame. No waiting, but more stuff to paint!

EDIT: Found more money for the gaming budget, so will stay in.

Thanks for posting!

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1