Guindyloo VS Khanjira in 7 Days!

Guindyloo

Tons of progress this morning!

I took a shower, got dressed, walked Korben, put air in my tires, got gas, went to the store to procure many 20 caffeines, swung by my parents' house to pick up mail, shouted at a whole lot of idiots on the interstate, went to Cane's to pick up lunch, got all of my stuff out of the car, opened my mail to find that OneBoot had sent me an absolutely amazing present  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  (which I hope she'll post pictures of because it's awesome) and then I ate.

......oh, you guys wanted painting progress? Yeah, I haven't done any of that.  ::P:

• Like 16

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown linering complete!

post-13371-0-87116600-1472842271_thumb.jpg

Time to get serious about this. Nothing and no one is stopping me now....well except for the surprise family get together that was suddenly sprung on me for tomorrow. So that's nice. I'd better paint doubletime today!

• Like 21

I'm having some... weird and troubling difficulties. I'm trying to lay down a basecoat of blue.

post-13371-0-32143000-1472853848_thumb.jpg

But every time I put the paint on the model......it's doing something weird.

post-13371-0-75518400-1472853848_thumb.jpg

post-13371-0-18884900-1472853849_thumb.jpg

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Has this ever happened to any of you before??? 'Cause I think I'm goin blind, or at least colour blind. You guys are seeing this, right??? The blue just keeps turning black. I guess I'll try a different paint.

• Like 12

A translucent blue over a brown of that color is going to turn black. You need either a more opaque blue or a lighter undercoat. (This is one of the real problems of brown liner.)

Yup.

I have 5 different MSP liner colors so I always pick the closest to what I'm going to paint most of the mini in.

• Like 4

And it has begun!!!

**** Chomps on olives, wonders why nobody ever thought about stuffing these with bacon***

Slightly OT, but here is a good recipe.  Also, use pitted Kalmatta olives, they're bigger and taste sooo much better.

And Pingo is right about blue over dark colors, you need the tiniest drop of white to overpower the dark liner, then you're good.

• Like 6

I know.  Add a drop of white and it will all make so much more sense.

*speaking from experience with my early Cygnar force having a completely different blue mix than I use now for exactly the reason you are showing.  IMO it is sooo much better to start lighter with a blue (low mid-tone at least) then push up and down.  Starting so dark is really hard, and you're on a time crunch.

• Like 10