Jump to content

Guindyloo VS Khanjira in 7 Days!


Guindyloo
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Moderator

There's now a whole lot of silver all over Khangenera.

 

post-13371-0-08553300-1473047863_thumb.jpg

 

It's just the basecoat at this point. I used a mix of 2/3 Warcolours Metallic Pewter and 1/3 Warcolours Metallic Black Silver. I am now pretty sick of painting silver and am going to work on something else. Undecided what else....maybe the base? Idk, man, everything's the same couple of colours. I shouldn't have painted the tongue and the gums at the same time. And though I don't ask for pity, there's nothin' that you can do, no, no..... Maybe I'll put some purple on him and justify it with this picture:

 

rs-4883-rectangle.jpg

 

Gene seems to be giving me the go ahead.

 

Also, now I want a burger.

  • Like 21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

I've finished shading all of the silver parts.

 

post-13371-0-30776400-1473107696_thumb.jpg

 

....it obviously photographs super well.  :mellow:  Just trust me, I'm doing stuff, Lori. Things.

 

Next I'm working on his hands and basecoating the base. The fact that I have to go back to work tomorrow is really stressing me out. I really wasn't expecting to lose all of Saturday.  :unsure:

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

The colouring on this is turning out absolutely delightful, Guindyloo! I adore the effects, you're going to have to write down everything you did to get it that way.

Oh, right, I forget that you guys might want to actually know what I'm doing in this WIP. Sorry, I should've taken pics at different stages.

 

First in the recesses of all of the silver bits, I slopped on Warcolours Black Transparent. Imagine a glaze with the consistency of normal paint - that's what Black Transparent is. So I used that quite liberally in the deepest recesses and at the tops of the plates on the arms and legs and the bases of the spikes on the tail. I load up the brush and place it in the recesses or wherever I wanted it to be the darkest and then drag it to the lighter areas so that it would spread. I wasn't careful about placement because I wanted it to appear as organic as possible.

 

Then I took the same Black Transparent paint and thinned it to wash consistency and slopped it over all of the silver parts to intensify the darkness in the recesses and clean up any abrupt brush strokes.

 

Once all of that was dry, I made of some of my original basecoat colour (2/3 Warcolours Metallic Pewter, 1/3 Warcolours Metallic Black Silver) and then thinned that to....a little thicker than a wash? I wanted it to have a lot of movement but not lose the integrity of the paint. So then I used that and did the opposite with it that I did with the black - I started at the tips and dragged it partially into the black to smooth out the gradient.

 

Lastly I took just straight Warcolours Metallic Pewter, thinned it just a bit to give it more movement and hit just the tips of any spikes and on the flat areas (like the plates on the arms, legs, chest) I just did a quick shlpop in the middle.

 

Hopefully that explains it well enough.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...