Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

Mocking Beast (mimic) 77048

He looks awesome!!!

Did you wash it with warm water and soap?

And used a Reaper Liner for priming?

That helps a lot to paint Bones!

• Like 3

He looks awesome!!!

I washed it with soap and water, but didn't know about the liner. The paint just sort of sloshed around, sounds like that might have helped. I was thinking as I was painting this, of washing future ones in black paint, maybe the same result as the liner. 

• Like 2

He looks awesome!!!

I washed it with soap and water, but didn't know about the liner. The paint just sort of sloshed around, sounds like that might have helped. I was thinking as I was painting this, of washing future ones in black paint, maybe the same result as the liner. 

Do NOT thin your first coat of paint with water on a Bones model!

Either use the liner, or put on an undiluted coat of paint.

After that you can thin as normally.

• Like 4

Howdy,

It looks pretty good to me. So, I understand you have some bones you're willing to part with? At a discount maybe? Cuz, I am pretty certain some miniholic will take 'em off your hands...

Who, me?

Kev!

• Like 2

Love the paint job and you did an excellent job removing that awefull mold line that runs across the Bones mimic's teeth. I understand your frustration with Bones. I have a love - hate relationship with them! Lol :;):

• Like 4

Love the paint job and you did an excellent job removing that awefull mold line that runs across the Bones mimic's teeth. I understand your frustration with Bones. I have a love - hate relationship with them! Lol :;):

Definately agree.

Bones are awesome for "trying" out different colour schemes/techniques, and quick characters. They weren't designed for display....but I'd display the heck out of that mimic you did, nice work.

And yes Brown Liner (or any colours of them), will be your best friend with the Bones line.

• Like 2

Howdy,

It looks pretty good to me. So, I understand you have some bones you're willing to part with? At a discount maybe? Cuz, I am pretty certain some miniholic will take 'em off your hands...

Who, me?

Kev!

I checked what I have, mostly big stuff, dragons, giants, grubby thing, super huge world breaking demon...I may have bit off more than I can chew. That is a lot of my ink when most models I can just spray with primer. I'll keep you in mind once I make a decision. Looking at them, they are really nice models, just troublesome to paint.

I tried, but there is still a bit showing. I could not figure out if it was better to file or try to snip. I tried my best to cut it off.

• Like 1

You don't have to use the liner (I know some recommend it) but you do have to wash them really well, and not thin your paints with water. They don't need primer at all, just start painting. Yes the mold lines are horrid totally agree =/ but it's part of the price for a lot of them, although tbh some are worse than others imo. Anyway don't give up yet =D

*forgot*!

a lot of cel phones take better pictures and are <$150 now, you might try using your phone? Just a thought :)

Edited by Guildenstern
  • Like 3