Chris Palmer

Darkrasp, Evil Priest (77151) (Bones) as Angel of Death

Well done conversion. 

Your lighting is casting some strong shadows on your figure.  At first, I thought it was some kind of urban camouflage.  More diffused lighting would probably help with that.

• Like 1

I love it. those wings have to be the best thing reaper has come out with for conversions in a long time, too bad they are stuck to a dorky vulture demon.

• Like 1

love this!

Thank you, Evilhalfling!

Superb conversion, it works very well!!!

Thank you, Xherman!

Brilliant idea and execution!

Thank you, Darcstaar!

Nice conversion, looks stock and awesome

Thank you, Tricksay!

Well done conversion. 

Your lighting is casting some strong shadows on your figure.  At first, I thought it was some kind of urban camouflage.  More diffused lighting would probably help with that.

Thank you, Serenity!   Yes, I usually use my phone flashlight as a fill light when taking pictures of minis and it isn't a problem with most figures as they don't have multiple layers like this one has.  I didn't really notice until I was cropping the pictures, and I was too lazy to reshoot it.  :-P   You're right, if I defused it a bit it would probably be better, or just move the light's position slightly so the shadow was cast off the wings.

I love it. those wings have to be the best thing reaper has come out with for conversions in a long time, too bad they are stuck to a dorky vulture demon.

Thank you, viking hank!  I agree that those wings are pretty useful!  I had never really noticed them before since,  as you say, the figure itself is something of an oddity. I had never really studied it until I was on a wing hunt.

• Like 2

This conversion is awesome.  Not at all what I would have thought for him (Mine is green & brown & Bone), and I really like what you did with him.

• Like 1

Great conversion and you are correct he fits look great in white!

Thanks, Citrine!  I always worry doing all white figures, but I think it worked well here with the slight differences in the tones of the white outfit and the white wings.

This conversion is awesome.  Not at all what I would have thought for him (Mine is green & brown & Bone), and I really like what you did with him.

Thanks, Darkmeer!   Sometimes I like to take a figure and think of what my instinct is to paint it, and then do the opposite. :)

• Like 1

Howdy,

Epic! I can hear the litany of charges...

", and one moving violation... How do you plead?"

Dead or alive, you're coming with me,

Kev!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
      While I love the Mossbeard Treeman figure from the Bones 4 Kickstarter, it always bothered me a little that his arms, as sculpted, grew from narrower at the shoulder to thicker at the wrist.  This just looked unnatural to me since both branches and arms tend to grow from thicker at the shoulders to thinner near the ends.

So this week I began working n revering his arms, so they would connect to his body in a more natural, to my eye, arrangement.

I began by slicing off the existing  external connector pegs.  This was made easier by soaking them in boiling water for 30-40 seconds (As Ed Pugh suggested to do with the Chicken Hut legs on a recent Reaper Live), after which it was a breeze to slice right through them.

Test fitting.

I then glued the pegs I had cut off back into the holes they were intended to go into to full those holes.  After the glue was set, I drilled some holes in the shoulder connections to peg them with sections of doweling.  After that, I glued the hands to the new wrist joints.  

My next step is to blend the hands to the wrists  with some greenstuff, and then I'll glue the arms in place.

• By Chris Palmer
      I was excited to get the Stygian Barge Add-On from the recent Bones 4 Kickstarter, and I was not disappointed in the model when it arrived.  It is a truly beautiful and big ship.    However, I didn't necessarily want to use the barge in all its Stygian glory; it looked more like a Necromancer's yacht than anything else.  I wanted more of a plain everyday working barge.  I figured a plain barge would have much more game use than one specifically decked out in death-related motifs.  So, the first thing I set about doing was looking over the pieces to see just what removing all the skulls, etc. would involve.  With a little effort it seems like it just might work.

The main conversions were to lay a wood deck over the bone-strewn central deck, remove the decorative skeletons on the awning posts, and the vertebrate from the main roof beam.  I also discarded the skeletal mermaid figurehead, and trimmed off most of the other decorative skulls.
        For the full conversion article, please see my blog: De-Necro-ing the Stygian Barge

• By waska
      Is there a conversion chart somewhere or a list of colors for the HD lines and how they map to the 'new' Bones HD line replacement? I am trying to compare colors and all charts online utilize the HD line and not sure how I can tie in the HD line with the Bones HD lines which I have.

This is the conversion chart I am using and as you can see there is only the HD line. So trying to figure out which of the Bones HD to substitute in.
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xl-x9eW3bLw5eqDeNUG2JUwn2EZwn34TDKfNIg5uul4/edit#gid=8

Thanks all for your input.

Reaper Bones: 

HD Set 1:

HD Set 2:

HD Set 3:

• By Rigel
      Oh, now this is a magnificently sinister sculpt (14137). Great for degenerate wizened necromancers in both the fantasy and pulp genres. That horribly hunched posture, bespeaking a life spent peering into books and graves. The horrible pinched face, dissolute yet censorious. The shovel and sack of scrolls. This guy is up to No Good, and probably not much Lawful or Neutral either. 

(Sidebar: The keyword "Jos Gebblar" with an "A" will get you a Mercenary Mage of much younger aspect. Perhaps Jos forty years earlier in his career? Or perhaps just before being aged prematurely and preternaturally by some ghastly and vengeful spirit. Who can say.)

• By Thrym
      Once again my buddy with the minotaur character fixation asked me to find a minotaur for him that I can convert into a monk.  Given that most are armed and armored ... I understood his dilemma. 

Thrym's Table presents:

Spellcrow Minotaur as
      Minotaur Monk

Original marketing image; copyright Spellcrow Miniatures.

The first things that had to go were the axes.  The hands were attached to axes on a separate sprue and made it easy to remove them.  Next I drilled out the old handle and cleaned up the pins to the wrists.

Fairly easy so far.  I did it during game night while playing Talisman.  I was the Sprite.

Next I pared back the horns to create a pin and to create a better profile.  The stock horns seemed a bit out of proportion to him.  When I got home my original plan was to place pieces of mini cable ties to create a Karnak look for his fists.  The cable tie I started with worked to a point but wouldn't lay flat enough to his hand.  So time for idea #2, wire.  

As you can see, Karnak has bands around his hands.

That worked well.  That gave me the idea for a necklace or medallion swinging away from him.

Here he is...

Enjoy and stay tuned.  
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)