Sign in to follow this  
viking_hank

color choice

I am getting ready to tackle Cinder, as the name suggests should I go with red, or go with green due to the fact it resembles blghtfang who is a green? ahh help I am undecided.

Depends. How much do you care about somebody else's artistic vision? (There's no wrong answer, BTW.)

FWIW, I'm much more interested in the colors I find interesting for whatever reason than the colors suggested by others. Unless I'm painting uniformed historical troops, of course.

• Like 3

Do you need a green dragon or a red dragon?

Was Maleficent was purple and black? ...do purple and black.

• Like 2

Do you need a green dragon or a red dragon?

Was Maleficent was purple and black? ...do purple and black.

*starts flinging minis everywhere*

Which dragon is the closest to Maleficent?! MUST PAINT NOW!!

• Like 3

Only you can answer what color you should paint Cinder.  It depends on a) what do you like and b) what do you plan to use it for and c) what colors do you have readily available?

• Like 1

thanks for the advice everyone. I don't need a red I have the pathfinder red dragon, and the dragon from dragon's don't share. I just painted blightfang in the classical green dragon colors. the idea of painting something black and purple has merit, since it will be for my desk at work maybe black and purple. intriguing. I will make some drawings and color them then decide. thanks everyone. 

• Like 1

I put a coat of grey liner/water 1:1 on the sculpt just to get a feel for the model, and I am going to go for the black and purple. thanks for the idea. I just hope I can get it right. ah well if I screw it up I will just simple green it.

• Like 1

Given the size of the dragon and the fact that you'll be putting it on your desk at work, unless you're really going for the Maleficent look, consider painting it a dark purple with black accents... If you look at the figure, because of their positions at the top of the figure the wing membranes and the crest on the head/back/tail take up about the same amount of visual space as the body of the dragon, so if you paint them a brighter color than the body they'll draw the eye away from the rest of the dragon, particularly if the body is black. It will also tend to draw your eye to it while you're working, which may be distracting.

Doing the body in purple and the wings in black will even out the visual impact of the dragon a bit, which may or may not be a consideration for you.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2