Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

DRAGONLOCK 2: Fantasy Village Terrain for 3D Printers

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1679800548/dragonlock-2-fantasy-village-terrain-for-3d-printe?ref=friends_backed

The DRAGONLOCKâ„¢ terrain system for 3D printers allows you to create modular interlocking buildings of your own design.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 2

About this project

5ab0eb3b4aa813f1a9dee9f00da8b4f5_origina

DRAGONLOCKâ„¢ (patent pending) is an all-new interlocking terrain system that allows you to create fully modular, multi-level 28mm scale village terrain for your RPG or wargame on your home 3D printer. Each set is delivered in a downloadable .stl format via our online distribution partner DriveThruRPG.com, and once you have the set, you can print as many pieces as you like and never run out or need to purchase more. This new terrain system is the culmination of eleven years of gaming terrain design experience.

By supporting us through Kickstarter, you get bonus models that won't be available later, and access to free stretch rewards. We have been in the 'print-and-play' terrain business for over eleven years, and have successfully delivered seven previous Kickstarter projects, so you can pledge with confidence that we will deliver a high-quality product on time. 

FREE STRETCH REWARDS that will increase the size of the terrain offerings will be available to anyone pledging at the $45 level or higher. Spread the word about this project to your friends and post about it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc., and GET FREE BONUS MODELS as the pledges rise!

A standard wall piece costs around $0.25 in plastic to print yourself, far cheaper than factory-made terrain! All of the models shown were printed at 100-150 micron resolution, a common standard on most economical 3D printers. A really nice starter printer that can print these files starts around $390 (see our F.A.Q. for more info on printers, printing costs, filaments, and more.)

Even if you don't currently own a 3D printer, it benefits you to support this campaign now. You can get all of the free stretch rewards and have a digital library of village terrain ready to go when you do purchase a printer.

All miniatures shown in our video and promotional shots are by Reaper Miniatures (www.reapermini.com

All models were printed on Printrbot Play & Simple 3D printers (www.printrbot.com)

a376cf5c5ecd7ce3eb1aa553aeb27d0d_origina

cb04ce70bdaec85ade52ff9d26db9f6e_originaSample layout built with components from the Cobblestone Streets, Timber Frame Buildings, and Fieldstone Buildings sets.

All components break down for easy storage, and can be combined in a virtually infinite number of designs.

cef0426486be551624d285f836506c3a_originaWalls and posts dovetail link together for secure builds. This system is a derivative of our award-winning E-Z LOCK system, which has been used by thousands of gamers for over ten years.

5d8987fe24d674afb8a8a7bca4cf3579_originaProvisional rendering of the Cobblestone Streets set (final design subject to change).

ae781c3665a08888510f01e3d5ce3ccf_originaRoof panels slide off for easy access to interiors.

fb931960f7e256ee8b271d6b0907161d_originaSample design made with the 'Timber Frame Buildings' set.

1f4fec08242d019b86e40f47d5c588ac_originaTimber Frame Buildings set components (prototype models shown, final sculpting design subject to change).

70264730e9f3b431f252fe97e1f9f59e_originaProvisional rendering of the Fieldstone Buildings set (final design subject to change).

• Like 3

The modular printable models are becoming really interesting these days.

This almost exactly my vision of an ideal modular set.

• Like 2

I'd be all over this if I had a 3D printer.

Someday, just not today....

• Like 3

I'd be all over this if I had a 3D printer.

I have two working printers...

and even my brother, the luddite, has one and manages to print parts.

I'll probably have to pick one of the lowest pledge levels for this KS, though.

• Like 2

<sigh>  The timber frame and fieldstone buildings are awfully tempting, especially with the ruined options.  And, my son has been bugging me about getting a 3D printer.

Ah, wrestling with temptation.   :;):

Ron

• Like 2

I wonder how Dwarven Forge feels about the similarity in design to their cities terrain.

This is based directly on our E-Z LOCK system (base tile has square holes, a corner post is then inserted into those holes, and walls link to the corner posts) which has been around for over a decade now. The only difference is we switched from bobby-pins for linking the walls to the posts to dovetail slots. :)

• Like 1

Just to enable all ya fence sitters, I've used my printer more for household stuff than hobby, which is what I bought it for. Suitcase legs, dishwasher handle end caps, organizational boxes, and other household repairs and goods. Planning to make drawer organizers for the silverware when I get a free moment and a smaller to-do list.

In case you need a non-hobby reason.

• Like 2