• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the nice thing about this case in particular is that its shelves are shallow, probably five inches deep or so, so you get a better view of the miniatures. My old one was with shelves that were square and deep so you didn't see the figures in the back so well. And of course the best thing is it was free. The shelving thing underneath cost 30.00 bucks with a little five dollar gift card I had.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      My child received a set of board books one Christmas and once the box was open it served no purpose to anyone but me. I rescued it to turn into a "fancy display box." I will tape up the edges of the acetate, then cover all the non-sky surfaces- on the inside and outside - with paint. What I need now is help choosing a/ some colour/s.
      Dreadmere gulper for scale (approx 5x6x10.5).
      Please post colour combo suggestions though I'll probably do a pale blue on the inside sides. Help me decide.

• By Dan S
      Dan's Build Journal #2
      Ruined Keep Edition

Finished Project Photos:

My Other Build Journals:

For those who followed my Halfling/Hobbit home build journal (Link here), you will know that I recently set myself the goal of building a series of display pieces throughout the year, to serve as scenic backdrops when photographing my miniatures.  Maintaining a build journal is my way of holding myself to account (I have a bad habit of starting and not finishing things). I took a short break following my last build to catch up on some unpainted miniatures, but I am now ready to get cracking on my next large project, an ancient ruin.

Future planned projects include:

Sewers Dungeon Adventurers Camp Industrial Complex Spaceship Graveyard Urban Trenches  
      With the Ancient Ruined Keep project looking to be the most complicated of bunch I have chosen to start that now, as I will be returning to work in a week or so and will no longer have a lot of free time, however after this project I have no set order planned, so if anyone has a preference as to what I should start next then I am happy to accommodate.

Stage 1 - Casting the stonework.

For this project I am going to be using 'Hirst Arts' blocks.  For those unfamiliar with Bruce Hirst he produces silicone molds that can be used to cast a wide range of highly detailed modular terrain blocks which can be glued together in endless configurations and designs.  The molds I will be using in this project are #704 and #708 (ignore the 3rd mould in the picture, I mixed up too much stone and so filled another none related mould to set aside for a future project as to not waste it).  In my last build journal I used Plaster of Paris to cast the small rockface, this time because of the size and potential weight of the build I opted for Dental Stone which is similar to Plaster but sets harder and is much more durable.

I suspect given the size of the project, it is going to take me at least a day or two to finish casting enough blocks, so here are a few screen shots of the blocks to give you an idea of what I will be working with (its basically glorified stone lego for diorama builders ).

• By Mothsniper
      The way of the Dawi-kin

A goal of Acquiring every single Reaper Dwarf and painting em up.

Master check list has been put together that will be updated with time.

Any duplicate model will receive conversion using Reaper weapons.

I like my check-off lists and achievement progress icons.
      Green box indicates the mini is owned, the picture next to model indicates that is has been painted.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reaper, Dwarf Mancatcher, sku: 14463
      Made this guy a Noblemen with bright colored clothes and golden glave.

Reaper, King Axehelm of Kragmarr, 77478
      Wanted a dirty worn look on this dwarf kind, and a high contrast in color scheme of white and red.
      Made a mistake on this one using wrong type of shade that made everything glossy, had to layer addition shades of different brand to take out the gloss. turned out a bit darker than planned.

Reaper, Dwarven Brewmeister, 02559
      Quite a strait forward model to paint.
      Did not want crazy colors for this guy.

A variation of royal blue color scheme with gold patterns and closed eye lids could be interesting.

The rest of the gang. Those mugs man, are like half the size of that poor little barrel.
      Wanted grouped colors of tans and browns to create tonal contrast instead of use of intense colors.
      These are quite easy to paint, good models.

Reaper, Hagar, Dwarven Hero, 77482
      Wanted to make Hagar and Durgam Deepmug into a two brother team of green-beards.
      Just leather, iron, and green.

Reaper, Durgam Deepmug Dwarf Hero, 77400
      The green-beard brother of Hagar.
      Rangers both, with green rune weapons

Reaper, Dwarf Royal Weapomaster, 77574
      There is nothing royal about this malicious looking guy.
      Went for high contrast red/white.
      I was thinking of possible conversions, I don't know, this is not the most interesting dwarf model they have for that.

Reaper, Fulumbar, Dwarf Warrior, 77011
      Gave him axe and a shield from reaper Weapon pack III
      Usually I do not go for bright colors, yet this warrior needed some frost armor! (too much terreria of late)

Reaper, Fulumbar, Dwarf Warrior, 77011
      The original model with a bit older paint job, or battle dirt paint job ;)
      But with TrueBlood effect paint from GreenStuff

Reaper, Freja Fangbreaker , 77073
      This is one of the cooler looking models, even though was a bit hard to paint.
      Older paint job, dirty, battle weathered.
      Went with Conan the Barbarian face paint.

Reaper, Freja Fangbreaker , 77073
      Same model with Weapon Pack III axe upgrade.
      Most recent paint job, cleaner with different paint scheme of bronze and green.

• By MusicalFeline
      So, recently me, my dad, and my grandpa*, most of whom are excellent woodworkers (with the exception of me) made a collaborative effort at making me a new shelf for my minis, as my old one was just a board nailed into the wall. A pretty piece of scrap, but scrap none the less. 
      Continuing the trend, we used only scrapwood for this shelf. Thus, no cost, except for some stain (which I stole from my dad, so uh, no cost there either).

*My grandpa is no joke Santa Claus. A bit of a potbelly, big bushy white beard, glasses, likes cookies and milk, and get this - he makes toys.

Right now it's just sitting atop a bookshelf, but I may hang it up on the wall if I'm so inclined.

Doesn't look the prettiest, but not bad for being made solely of scrapwood!

It's also now a dishonor to me, as there are waaaay too many unpainted minis on that shelf. That will soon change, however... 

Note: We did put in an extra notch, as you see at the top. The boards that are the shelves get really stuck in that one, plus it leaves no room for my big minis, so I decided to leave that one vacant.
    • By lannister2112
      Here is a Bones inspired kickstarter that I think my fellow painters will appreciate, a travel and display case for your mini. 
      Mini Monument 
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/minimonument/mini-monument?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=mini%20monument

Thanks for looking!