Hasslefree Miniatures kickstarter

I don't wanna be that guy, because I'm just being picky and honestly it's fine the way it is and all, but I'll Internet pinky-swear to buy at least bard if the head starts looking more like the concept art.

Yeah, the art's faces are rather distinctive, and the model's faces don't capture the looks. I have this starred, so I'll watch how things develop.

A lot of the 'winter' ones look like well armed and equipped miniatures to use in games.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A quick paint job on one of my resins. i was going for a “Darkest Dungeon” art style.  

At last! I just could 'not' remember my account details :)   Right, let's see what I can do here to answer these questions...   1. Thanks everyone for the plugging, compliments and support :)  

New update with only one pic... but it's a good one. I absolutely did not expect that I'd want a Ksenia figure, but the living "winter" version looks amazing! The update was posted to showcase her fac

Posted Images

I know someone already said this, but as good as Matt Dixon's art is, I am here for the Kev White Sculpts. I think they look great. Not 100% to the art, but... If they break off the head and make a new one, I hope they offer both the current and the new.

• Like 1

No elves. Think I'm going to drop my pledge and hope that Kev sees sense with an elves Kickstarter soon

I'm thinking the same. I'd rather spend my money on that elf that was shown a few weeks ago and other minis from his store.

• Like 2

No elves. Think I'm going to drop my pledge and hope that Kev sees sense with an elves Kickstarter soon

I'm thinking the same. I'd rather spend my money on that elf that was shown a few weeks ago and other minis from his store.

If you weren't an uncivilized colonial, we could have been twins

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 4

I love Kev's sculpting as well, but I'm actually in for this Kickstarter as much for Matt Dixon's artwork.  I really love his contrasts, like to me the cavegirl looks cute, but as if she's thinking "sure, I'm just cute and innocent, and hey....a club?  No no, this is just a walking stick!"

I went with the dozen in metal.  At some point I want to try some of the resins, but financially it worked out better for me.  I'd rather have a dozen metal minis than 6 resins, and that's the choice I was down to.  I have very few nudes, and I am quite interested in getting some of these in 2 or all 3 options.

• Like 2

Add me to the group that loves the artwork, but is a bit concerned because the WIP faces don't look like them at all. The rest of the sculpts' parts look great, but IMHO the faces aren't delivering the character and attitude represented in the art. No offense intended to the sculptor, he/she is obviously amazingly talented, they are just different.

I'm currently in the KS right now, but may drop out or drop down to just purchase companions if that's possible depending on how the sculpts end up.

I only can speak for myself, but no misconception here. I just think his styling kind of ruined the charm of the bard.

She sort of looks like a melting doppelganger.

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 2

Sculpts always differ from the concept art. Whether that is a plus or minus is usually very subjective and frequently changes depending on the vision of each artist. I'm avoiding investing in large amounts of metal, so I will probably go in for just the male wizard/painter and one or two of the ladies. Not sure which yet.

The only metal Kickstarter that I still regret not going all-in on is the Stephanie Law one for Dark Sword. But I did get one at retail that I'm now afraid to paint.

• Like 4

Sculpts don't always differ from the artwork, but it agree that they most often do.

Although I believe some sculptors styles are better suited to some concept artists styles than others.

I believe Patrick Keith was a better match for Dixons style. He's also a good match for Talins art too.

• Like 2

Megan wants all of the skyclad models.

I want the ones in more reasonable attire. (For some reason the skyclad models all make me think of the webcomic Pawn....)

That said, I rather like the Skyclad Dawn - a bit more Junoesque than many - but I still prefer the most clad version.

Oh, dear gods... I just realized what the 'embarrassing present' that Megan mentioned is likely to be....

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

I'm in for six in metal at the moment, not sure which ones but I'm thinking definitely the naked male wizard as that would be a fun villain to spring on the PC's. Hoping to see some more beast companions as stretch goals, that little dino is pretty cute!

• Like 2