Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

Before and After

Ooo! Now those are impressive differences! Well done!

And with the photos featuring the original paint jobs, you can alway look at them to compare.

• Like 1

Of course, your "befores" weren't too bad, either.

thanks though I just can't help but laugh when I look at the wizard staff in the before and how I thought it was supposed to be bent like that. Realizing later when somebody pointed out that reaper sometimes bends things to get them to fit into the packaging.

• Like 3

The "before" minis are nothing to be ashamed of, solid good paint jobs.

The "After" minis, a huge improvement, they look so vivid, more "alive" the clours really pop now.

Awesome!

• Like 3

Loving the comparisons, what a great idea! The newer figures certainly look more dynamic with your greater use of light and shadow, especially the first one. 

• Like 1

This is splendid!
It is crazy how much your deeper contrasts and starker highlights add to a mini.

Now, I feel like my paint jobs are stuck in a "before" and never progressed to an "after"...
I may have to rethink my painting priorities (volume Vs quality) as your excellent job really shows the difference more attention brings.

• Like 1

This is splendid!

It is crazy how much your deeper contrasts and starker highlights add to a mini.

Now, I feel like my paint jobs are stuck in a "before" and never progressed to an "after"...

I may have to rethink my painting priorities (volume Vs quality) as your excellent job really shows the difference more attention brings.

oh man, I remember when I got to the point of quality vs quantity. Suddenly I went from a night to a week in order to finish a mini and it was a shock. I was really upset that it was taking me longer, but the end result was nicer. So, the ones for gaming get quantity treatment and the ones I have a personal liking for or if I am painting for a friend get quality treatment.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
      This week I finished "Arakus Landarzad, Wizard" from the "Grey Beards" set in the Bones 4 Core box. I tried a couple experiments with this guy; one was using purple for the shadows on the yellow robes, and the other was using Citadel Contrast Paint to do the gem on the staff.  To read more about it see: http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2021/01/arakus-landarzad-wizard-bones-4-figure.html

• By Werkrobotwerk
      I had started this meaning to use it for the reapercon quad color clash. But I took too long and then decided it need another 3 colors. So technically it's 7 color. Mint green vampire mist, dungeon grey, some old hd blue who's label fell off, carbon grey, shadowed stone, golden glow. 

• By Conan the Painter
      I already have the human blacksmith, but I wanted another blacksmith.  Unfortunately I applied the paint to thick at parts (which didn't really help the fact that her face was kinda just a tiny glob already) but Ive got a wet palette that Ill be trying to use next time.  I'm also absolutely awful at painting female faces, they always look ridiculous once I paint them haha.  Anyways, and criticisms and advice are always welcome

• By Conan the Painter
      Hello Everyone! I just painted this guy this morning and liked him so much I figured I may as well post him here.  I also decided to try and freehand some stars on his robes, so tell me what you think.  Also any tips on lighting and stuff would be nice.  Currently I'm just using two lamps and my phone camera. 

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all!  With the year nearly at its end, this seemed like a great time to share a comparison project to reflect on this past year's growth.

A little over a year ago a painted up my first Beholder, and last month I painted another.  I was particularly proud of the first so it's interesting to see a side-by-side a year apart.

More Below the Spoiler:

It's always fun to compare two similar models that have been painted with time in between.  I'm always impressed by how much I can grow in this hobby in such a short amount of time.  I only painted my first skeleton a little over two years ago.  My confidence in layering has improved and it is now my go-to method of painting.  Drybrushing and Washes are now reserved for specific effects and textures.  My speed has increased, and I feel more comfortable adding freehanded details.

I'm proud of the growth I've had this past year and look forward to the improvements next year brings.  And these guys will be looking forward as well.  And backwards.  And sideways.  Always watching.

How have you improved this year?
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 2 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)