[Answered] Assistance in identifying an Elf Wizard Miniature

Hello,

Edit: Werkrobotwerk has successfully identified the Mini as Gil Galad from GW's LOTR line. Thank you!

Having just finished off a round of new mini's, I decided to set up my lightbox/photo booth and go through the backlog of mini's I've done over the past 2 years and get some good pictures of them.

After doing that, I went though and wanted to name/tag them all with their Reaper SKU numbers and names, for better tracking and organization.

Name_Spoilers.jpg

(Slight spoiler for when I hope to eventually post them on the forums.

Thinking every Mini I owned was a Reaper mini, with the vast majority of them being Bones (from the first and second Kickstarters), did have some metal mini's from back in the day (plus those from the Learn 2 Paint Kits), but I just figured they where all Reaper.

I used the Reaper Figure Finder to find pretty much all of them except one...

This Elf (or maybe Human) Wizard (at least, most likely wizard). I could not find him on the Figure Finder, nor with some creative Googling.

It was then I noticed, that the Base he's on at least, is a GW Base with a 1992 copyright. Now I'm not sure at all!

Here he is, I painted him about 2 years back, all in one session:

Elf_Wizard_Front.jpg

Elf_Wizard_Back.jpg

For my own sanity (and organization), anyone that can provide any tips or suggestions in tracking down where the mini came from, or his SKU/Name would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

Edited by jaryth000
  • Like 2
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Having just finished off a round of new mini's, I decided to set up my lightbox/photo booth and go through the backlog of mini's I've done over the past 2 years and get some good pictures of them.

After doing that, I went though and wanted to name/tag them all with their Reaper SKU numbers and names, for better tracking and organization.

Name_Spoilers.jpg

(Slight spoiler for when I hope to eventually post them on the forums.

Thinking every Mini I owned was a Reaper mini, with the vast majority of them being Bones (from the first and second Kickstarters), did have some metal mini's from back in the day (plus those from the Learn 2 Paint Kits), but I just figured they where all Reaper.

I used the Reaper Figure Finder to find pretty much all of them except one...

This Elf (or maybe Human) Wizard (at least, most likely wizard). I could not find him on the Figure Finder, nor with some creative Googling.

It was then I noticed, that the Base he's on at least, is a GW Base with a 1992 copyright. Now I'm not sure at all!

Here he is, I painted him about 2 years back, all in one session:

Elf_Wizard_Front.jpg

Elf_Wizard_Back.jpg

For my own sanity (and organization), anyone that can provide any tips or suggestions in tracking down where the mini came from, or his SKU/Name would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

The manufacturer is as the base says, GW. He is Gil Galad from lord of the rings, he comes in a pack with Elrond. his spear is broken

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Like 4

The manufacturer is as the base says, GW. He is Gil Galad from lord of the rings, he comes in a pack with Elrond. his spear is broken

Awesome! You rock!

That explains part of why I couldnt find him, I had no idea that was supposed to be a spear!

Found the page for him

Thank you a ton!!

Edited by jaryth000
  • Like 1

There's a "no commerce" rule here on the forums, which means that you can't link to a commercial site.

However, if you go to the page on the website, right-click on the image itself and hit "view image", it will usually open up in a new tab to a page with nothing but the image on it, and you can link directly to that page since there are no links on it back to the original site...

• Like 1