Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Due to Brain Weasels and other Real Life Issues, I haven't been doing much, really almost no, fantasy painting...
One of the things I have been doing is looking at old WIPs, and suddenly the desire to paint a DRAGON, came over me....
So here is the start of my new work on Cinder, #10014, in METAL...
Hopefully, I can keep up the sudden burst of enthusiasm....
So planning on mold line hunting, and trying to decide what color to paint this dragon...
As I am old school, the webbing between the back spines is leading me to green, but need to check the books to see which way to go....
About time you returned from the place I couldn't reach you minion......
OMG, please not again....
any and all comments gratefully ignored....
So my wife finished painting a second dragon.
She is really starting to enjoy painting the miniatures and is looking forward to the Bones 4 next year.
Trying to decide what miniatures to hold her over till next year.
I've only got a handful left, Diabolus the Devil Dragon(which I plan to paint) and about 5 other miniatures
This is the first large fig that I painted a few weeks ago. I did a matte varnish on it shortly after, but would like to add some highlights at some point. Does paint stick to varnish well or should I just skip the highlights? I was going for a black dragon look, since I've got an adventure planned that features one. I have been practicing with my photo taking, but haven't found a good spot in the house that has decent lighting. Hopefully this one turned out OK without too many distracting elements. As always, I appreciate any advice and critiques. Thank you!
My most ambitious project to date, Narthrax was a fun little challenge for me over the last couple of weeks. My son wanted him to be black, so after I based him in Stormy Grey, I mixed up 3 parts each Adamantine Black and Imperial Purple with a single drop of Pure Black (then repeated it several times!). For the undersides of the wings, I replaced the Imperial Purple with Ruby Red - and did the same for his main back-spikes and horns. I went too far down his tail with the reddened segments and after realizing that it just didn't look right, thought I had successfully covered it up - but from the backside picture, I can see a distinct reddish hue to the top of the upper tail..
I also think I need to touch up the foot-pads and perhaps the trailing-edge bone tips on the wings with - they looked nice with just the Stormy Grey, but the camera is making me second guess that thought..
Who's Online 16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)