Geirahod, The Spear of Battle (Bombshell Minis 10016)

knarthex

Since I want to bring a Bombshell mini to Reapercon, and Glacia isn't movin' my Mojo atm, I started on Geirahod...

Eyes are GW Scorched Brown, MSP Linen White, and Scale 75 Tesla Blue

Skin is Arabic Shadow, which seems to be my new favorite skin tone base coat....

post-14271-0-66517700-1473739533_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-42633000-1473739534_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-08194000-1473739535_thumb.jpg

Got the Blues in her eyes with one try.....

(Will never happen again...)

I found it interesting that the details of her face don't show up well in the pic on the Bombshell site...

They look very soft in that pic, to me anyway...

Comments and Critiques welcome!

• Like 20

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Off to a great start, George!

Looks like you've done some highlighting on the arms and hands, but are lacking that highlighting on the face.

The metal is flat and is kind of boring. Depending on what you're going for, I'd shade it, especially on the lower part of the torso.

Looks to me like he's only on base coats so far and hasn't started his highlighting and shading as of yet. But I could be wrong as I'm looking at it on my iPhone.

• Like 4

Off to a great start, George!

Looks like you've done some highlighting on the arms and hands, but are lacking that highlighting on the face.

The metal is flat and is kind of boring. Depending on what you're going for, I'd shade it, especially on the lower part of the torso.

Looks to me like he's only on base coats so far and hasn't started his highlighting and shading as of yet. But I could be wrong as I'm looking at it on my iPhone.

Yeah, I wasn't sure except it looks like there's highlighting done on the arms and hands. Pictures of miniatures are difficult!

• Like 3

So some work whilst the mojo is here...

Worked on her skin...

Basic Flesh, 50% Basic Flesh and Golden Skin, Golden Skin, 50% Golden Skin and Light Skin, then a couple of glazes of Golden Skin and Basic Flesh (3-2)

Thing I am going to need to glaze in some shadows....

50% mix of Black and Brown Leather for the trim on the mail.

So since I need to do the space between her left arm and her body, the inside of the fur got Birch, then 50% Birch and White Sands, then White Sands.

post-14271-0-04410000-1474185185_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-13886900-1474185186_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-05115000-1474185187_thumb.jpg

Comments and Critiques desired!

George

• Like 9