Darklands: Savage Hordes III part deux

SamuraiJack

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The backers of these KS are so bizarre. Though I'll put in a minimal bid to cover teh Wihtwald I wanted from the first one.

yeah.. i wish Rob would just re-arrange the stretch goals to fit the people backing it.. not that I'm complaining about the squid guy or the Jute king..

You guys have me curious. What's the issue with the backers?

If Rob starts moving stretch goals around I think people who's kindreds are unlucky are much more likely to just give up and move along thinking what they're after won't get hit

you'd end up with faster progress to a lower overall total

(but it's certainly got a lot harder to figure out what to put there with the extra groups from New Kindreds onward, they need more stuff, but concentrating on them means others have to wait longer between unlocks)

Just that Rob can run a second KS to fund teh stuff that didn't fund this time. Why don't the backers just put in the extra money? I mean, it works a little on me, since I'll spend the 10 pounds to unlock the category, but it's only to get a mini I pledged for on the first KS that didn't unlock. He needs a lot more than that to unlock it this time around (at least 10k, and I don't see 1k backers for it), so it begs the question why a second KS is almost always successful. Why not just pledge the first time?

Just that Rob can run a second KS to fund teh stuff that didn't fund this time. Why don't the backers just put in the extra money? I mean, it works a little on me, since I'll spend the 10 pounds to unlock the category, but it's only to get a mini I pledged for on the first KS that didn't unlock. He needs a lot more than that to unlock it this time around (at least 10k, and I don't see 1k backers for it), so it begs the question why a second KS is almost always successful. Why not just pledge the first time?

But why put in the extra £10 to get access when everyone gets access to the same deal simply by asking for it? I believe that Mierce is using the Kickstarters a bit too often, and that it relies far too heavily on the hardcore backers. I would much rather want to see a bit fewer ones that could potentially raise larger amount, sort of the early Kickstarter.

• Like 3

My concern is, and has been for some time, that kickstarters are run at such a pace to bring in funds to pay the staff and keep the business going, with funds available for producing everything promised, falling short and with something like a three project deficit.
I may be wrong, but to me it all feels a bit like a house of cards and the primary reason I haven't backed the last few Mierce projects.

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 4

My gripe with them running projects too often is that there are always stuff that I want from each and every of their projects, but I cannot financially keep up with backing all projects, which has made me drop out lately. I think the miniatures are among the best of the market, and since I can't keep up with the individual projects, I'll just pick the stuff up at retail (or each year at Salute when they go there :p).

• Like 1

But why put in the extra £10 to get access when everyone gets access to the same deal simply by asking for it? I believe that Mierce is using the Kickstarters a bit too often, and that it relies far too heavily on the hardcore backers. I would much rather want to see a bit fewer ones that could potentially raise larger amount, sort of the early Kickstarter.

Though Rob says not to use it for shipping, I'll use it for shipping :p I only do that when it's this part deux etc thing, because it's silly. If everyone just put in for what they wanted, there'd be no need for part deux!

My concern is, and has been for some time, that kickstarter are run at a pace to bring in funds to pay the staff and keep the business going, with funds available for producing everything promised, falling short and with something like a three project deficit.

I may be wrong, but to me it all feels a bit like a house of cards and the primary reason I haven't backed the last few Mierce projects.

It's not just you. I've always felt this way about Mierce which is why I've never backed their projects.

• Like 1

My concern is, and has been for some time, that kickstarter are run at a pace to bring in funds to pay the staff and keep the business going, with funds available for producing everything promised, falling short and with something like a three project deficit.

I do have some fear of that.

Mierce has built up a huge pipeline of expected product, and has to keep running full speed to pack and ship sculpts, even as they keep teasing and selling yet more future product.

I'm very happy with what I have so far, and I appreciate the price discount from the KS, but it's a touch concerning.

• Like 2

I do have some fear of that.

Mierce has built up a huge pipeline of expected product, and has to keep running full speed to pack and ship sculpts, even as they keep teasing and selling yet more future product.

I'm very happy with what I have so far, and I appreciate the price discount from the KS, but it's a touch concerning.

Although, if they run a KS pretty non-stop, and anyone asking for access to the KS items is getting it, do you really get a discount? It feels a bit "watered down" which I believe will harm them in the long run, and I more get the feeling that their KS-prices are the real prices seeing how easily accessable the "discounted" ones are to get. Don't get me wrong. I think it's nice to get hold of Mierce miniatures for a lower cost, but I don't anymore have the sensation that I "must" buy them now, because I've learnt that I can pitch in in a month, two, or half-a-year and still get them at the same discounted prices as they were in a KS project.

• Like 1