Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
The current center-piece of my Demonic Army, a Balrog "Balor."
This is "Errtu, Balor" from the Legend of Drizzt D&D Board Game. I painted him up about a year ago and he was one of the first huge minis I ever attempted. There's a lot that I wish I'd done better looking back on it, but you have to make mistakes to get better!
More Photos Below Spoiler:
Check out the rest of my Blood War project HERE.
Here's a simple one for you today. Filling out my Demonic Army, we have a Barlgura, represented by an Ape Demon (77260).
He seems a little small, but it works. Painted him up quickly the evening before a game sometime last winter.
More Photos Beneath Spoiler:
I've got more fiendish things to show you all, but this one is good for today.
Show me your favorite fiends!
Who let the dogs out (of hell)?
Hi everyone. Back again with some infernal pooches.
These are the Hell hounds from the Bones 4 Fan Favorites Expansion. They were fun and challenging. All those glowing lava details were a pain. I think I managed to get them to turn out alright though. Also had fun with the lava bases.
More Photos of the Hell Hounds beneath the spoiler:
In all, I like these guys. Their bases were a lot of fun and really pop from a lot of my other minis. I'll be posting more of my infernal collection soon, but figured these were a great place to start.
Which Hound turned out best?
This one was for a facebook competition about color. The rules were, basically, don't worry about anything else but color. Do something different with color. I started with the idea of a dress palette of blue, teal, purple, and magenta. Once I had those colors in place, it was a matter of incorporating them in different areas of the model. I went with cotton candy roses and a galaxy print on the wings. The galaxy was a matter of stippling the dress colors (plus a bit of white) back and forth until the effect was convincing. Then I masked the body of the model and flicked a stiff brush at the wings to make star patterns. I then went back to the dress colors and stippling to blend them in a bit. This was a blast to paint, because I've never really done anything like this before.
Hi guys. Here is my painted Bones Succubus. Parts of her are a hot mess but I am so happy with her!! I pushed through sone issues I was having and there are so many spots I learned on her. For starters she has the first makeup I ever put on a mini. She has eyeshadow, blush, lipstick complete with little white light dot on her lower lip for fun and a beauty mark! I started with slightly less pronounced makeup but then she's a succubus, she would have exaggerated makeup I think. The unfortunate thing about her is her right cheek has quite an indent and then a mold line a little past that. I disguised the mold line by giving her a "lady sideburn" to match the one sculpted on the other side but there's nothing I can do about the indent. Then her wings, for the first time I was able to get more of a variation in the colouring which I tried with my bat demon and ended up covering because I didn't like it. Her dress could have used a bit more but I was done and I'm still working on the layering/highlighting in general. One thing that still bothers me is the rough look of my paint jobs when I'm done. I paint with a wet palette so thinning isn't an issue I don't think and don't put coats on top of drying paints so that's not causing it. Hope everyone likes her as much as I do. I even have a second copy of her to do later in my painting journey.
Who's Online 17 Members, 3 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)