Sign in to follow this  
GodOfCheese

03246: Unexpectedly Shiny Succubus

Ever accidentally grab the wrong sealant and not realize it until it's too late?

post-14952-0-41063600-1473899477.pngpost-14952-0-72620100-1473899490_thumb.pngpost-14952-0-42703200-1473899513_thumb.png

I am very happy with her hair though.  The wing assembly came together with a piece of her hair that was somehow badly damaged and had huge gaps.  This gave me an opportunity to try out Liquid Green Stuff for the first time!

post-14952-0-47578000-1473899430_thumb.png

Her eyes were great, but unfortunately there's not enough contrast for them to be very visible under normal lighting. 

post-14952-0-33428300-1473899419_thumb.png

Astute observers may note that she's not actually a "chained" succubus.  I suspect that the chain is probably wherever her hair ended up.  :-)

• Like 20

Hit her with some Dullcoat & she'll dull right back down. Nice work on the gap filling. Great colors too!!

• Like 5

OOH SHINY! When I first started painting miniatures for gaming, everything was gloss; ergo, she looks TERRIFIC to moi. You did do a SPLENDID job with the brush, AND you have a FINE eye for colors. FANTASTIC WORK!

• Like 3

Great painting and you can console yourself with the fact that you grabbed gloss sealer instead of primer. That would have been much worse.

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch
  • Like 3

Great painting and you can console yourself with the fact that you grabbed gloss sealer instead of . That would have been much worse.

Done that with some Dupicolor when their cans only showed the color on the caps. model car body got a Castrol super clean bath aftewards.....

Bathing in the blood of her victim?

I think it looks good, but if you want to dull it done , like people already said, hit her with the dullcoat.

• Like 5

It looks like she has been covered in fresh blood, as XHerman said. You could dull her hair and clothes with a brush on matte varnish if you wanted to keep this diabolical effect going!

• Like 4

One of the most common things us gamers do. Is put a coat of gloss varnish on our miniatures because it gives better protection. then afterwards hit it with matte sealer to get rid of the sheen.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      The current center-piece of my Demonic Army, a Balrog "Balor." 

This is "Errtu, Balor" from the Legend of Drizzt D&D Board Game.  I painted him up about a year ago and he was one of the first huge minis I ever attempted.  There's a lot that I wish I'd done better looking back on it, but you have to make mistakes to get better!

More Photos Below Spoiler:

Check out the rest of my Blood War project HERE.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Here's a simple one for you today.  Filling out my Demonic Army, we have a Barlgura, represented by an Ape Demon (77260).

He seems a little small, but it works.  Painted him up quickly the evening before a game sometime last winter.

More Photos Beneath Spoiler:

I've got more fiendish things to show you all, but this one is good for today.

Show me your favorite fiends!
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Who let the dogs out (of hell)?

Hi everyone.  Back again with some infernal pooches.

These are the Hell hounds from the Bones 4 Fan Favorites Expansion.  They were fun and challenging.  All those glowing lava details were a pain.  I think I managed to get them to turn out alright though.  Also had fun with the lava bases.

More Photos of the Hell Hounds beneath the spoiler:

In all, I like these guys.  Their bases were a lot of fun and really pop from a lot of my other minis.  I'll be posting more of my infernal collection soon, but figured these were a great place to start.

Which Hound turned out best?
    • By HolkDiggity
      This one was for a facebook competition about color. The rules were, basically, don't worry about anything else but color. Do something different with color. I started with the idea of a dress palette of blue, teal, purple, and magenta. Once I had those colors in place, it was a matter of incorporating them in different areas of the model. I went with cotton candy roses and a galaxy print on the wings. The galaxy was a matter of stippling the dress colors (plus a bit of white) back and forth until the effect was convincing. Then I masked the body of the model and flicked a stiff brush at the wings to make star patterns. I then went back to the dress colors and stippling to blend them in a bit. This was a blast to paint, because I've never really done anything like this before.

• By stormbreach
      Hi guys.  Here is my painted Bones Succubus.  Parts of her are a hot mess but I am so happy with her!!  I pushed through sone issues I was having and there are so many spots I learned on her.  For starters she has the first makeup I ever put on a mini.  She has eyeshadow, blush, lipstick complete with little white light dot on her lower lip for fun and a beauty mark!  I started with slightly less pronounced makeup but then she's a succubus, she would have exaggerated makeup I think.  The unfortunate thing about her is her right cheek has quite an indent and then a mold line a little past that.  I disguised the mold line by giving her a "lady sideburn" to match the one sculpted on the other side but there's nothing I can do about the indent.  Then her wings, for the first time I was able to get more of a variation in the colouring which I tried with my bat demon and ended up covering because I didn't like it.  Her dress could have used a bit more but I was done and I'm still working on the layering/highlighting in general.  One thing that still bothers me is the rough look of my paint jobs when I'm done.  I paint with a wet palette so thinning isn't an issue I don't think and don't put coats on top of drying paints so that's not causing it.  Hope everyone likes her as much as I do.  I even have a second copy of her to do later in my painting journey.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 3 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)