ub3r_n3rd

Lagertha Lothbrok "skjaldmær" - an ub3r showoff

Great job! Love the illumination effect, I think you pulled it off perfectly. ::):

On the last picture, where her face is more zoomed in, I think her eyes might be a little bit too wide open so she is looking a little scared. But that is just a really minor detail on a great piece, and it might be the angle of the photo and the light tricking me.

Edited by Pytt
  • Like 1

She looks awesome!!

Good shield design and weathering.

Great work on the hair ad clothing.

Good OSL effect to tie her in with the base.

One little problem though, Your plaque has skjaldaer on it while it should be skjaldmaer

You can correct this with a new plaque ?

• Like 1

Fantastic work.

you may have exaggerated the blue light slightly on the leather skirt, though(front right), but that's just my (not so humble) opinion.

With the light pouring from cracks, shouldn't it be more 'localized' on her clothes, to just above the cracks?

• Like 2

I like!    This is well done and the overall look definitely carries the post battle story.   Hard to pick a favourite part of this mini but in order for me is the Shield front... great weathering on it,  then the skirt and leather armour..  then the chain mail!  

Not to say the rest is not great as I could not do it no matter how hard I would try.

I still find the skin on the face a bit rough but since you have added some intentional blood splatter it does work.

• Like 2

Is the word supposed to have an "m" in it? Because there isn't one on the plaque... :wacko:

Doh! I was so tired last night and trying to finish her up before deadline! I'll have to redo that tonight. ::/:

• Like 1

Fantastic work.

you may have exaggerated the blue light slightly on the leather skirt, though(front right), but that's just my (not so humble) opinion.

With the light pouring from cracks, shouldn't it be more 'localized' on her clothes, to just above the cracks?

Thank you!

Well that's closest to the source and the largest brightest crack in the ground so it'd be brighter. I may still tone down tho.

I like! This is well done and the overall look definitely carries the post battle story. Hard to pick a favourite part of this mini but in order for me is the Shield front... great weathering on it, then the skirt and leather armour.. then the chain mail!

Not to say the rest is not great as I could not do it no matter how hard I would try.

I still find the skin on the face a bit rough but since you have added some intentional blood splatter it does work.

Thank you!

Yeah the face is a bit rougher than I normally like as well, but I'm trying to also move away from perfect blends and give more realism to my pieces. There's a big painting movement in Europe to add texture and stop trying to be so smooth with every blend on a mini (especially in the faces) which I really personally like and am doing more of. Take a look at Alfonso G (Banshee)'s latest works and you'll see what I mean about it. :;):

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 1