Sign in to follow this  
OptimumPlacebo

Silverhorn, Unicorn 77029

Picture rotation happens.  No biggie.

This is a very nice rendition of a unicorn.  I like how you got a silvery color on its hide.

Looks good!

I notice that if I don't crop my iPhone pics that they will rotate on me even if I took them the correct way. So try cropping on your phone (if that's what you are using) and see if that corrects the problem. I'd also suggest a neutral background and out of your hand while taking show-off pics so that nothing distracts from the model and so that your camera focuses ONLY on the model instead of anything else.

• Like 4

The horn was bent. not badly just curved. Fixed it by boiling water, dipping horn into said water, then holding model in freezer (too lazy to make ice water)....then I promptly forgot to include that step in my blog! haha! The whole model in general was ok...though I've had this problem with some of my Bones 1 KIckstarter minis. The worst one for me so far has been my storm giant. His sword was super floppy and wouldn't stiffen with boiling and freezing so I ended up lopping it off and pinning it...which immediately fixed the issue and the material is soft so if you go slow with your pin you can just push it into the plastic. Going slow will help make sure the pin doesn't punch through the surface as it may want to curve on you. Also, I am not responsible for the number of times you stab yourself in the fingertip doing this...I did that about 3 times and it's not fun.

• Like 2

The horn was bent. not badly just curved. Fixed it by boiling water, dipping horn into said water, then holding model in freezer (too lazy to make ice water)....then I promptly forgot to include that step in my blog! haha! The whole model in general was ok...though I've had this problem with some of my Bones 1 KIckstarter minis. The worst one for me so far has been my storm giant. His sword was super floppy and wouldn't stiffen with boiling and freezing so I ended up lopping it off and pinning it...which immediately fixed the issue and the material is soft so if you go slow with your pin you can just push it into the plastic. Going slow will help make sure the pin doesn't punch through the surface as it may want to curve on you. Also, I am not responsible for the number of times you stab yourself in the fingertip doing this...I did that about 3 times and it's not fun.

Thimbles.  Thimbles are your friend.

• Like 1