• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Samedi
      Well, the construct has a rather large base, so I added a monk, so this is really a 2 for 1 offer.

The monk and the construct are both leftovers from other projects. When I saw them on my shelf of "to do", I suddenly got the feeling that they belonged together, don't really know why. There was just this connection between them. 

So I made them meet on this base. Are they greeting each other? Banishing each other? Is this a planned meeting or does it happen by chance? Friends, rivals or enemies? All that really is for you to decide, I see something different in them every time.

I tried to bring them together by using the same colours on both of them. The writing in the scroll and the wooden cross of the monk use the same paint (vallejo wookgrain), the goggles of the construct have the same colour scheme as the cross the monk has around his neck...

Also, this is the first horse I painted. Was really fun, actually!

C&c very welcome!

And here's more:

Enjoy!
    • By MoonglowMinis
      So i've got that trio of spiders from nolzur's.

They do not come with sculpted bases - unlike most of the nolzur's line.  This isn't a huge issue, except that these suckers have a bunch of tiny spindly legs.  I am worried about getting a good hold.

So I have a few questions:

1: how to fasten these guys to a base?  Just glue the legs and hope, or pin them through the body like a flightstand?
      2: how to sculpt/or assemble, suitable bases to compliment their spindly nature and ensure a better hold.
      3: how to attach the spider in a way that I can paint underneath it OR should I find a way to glue it down after both parts are painted?

So the webbed victim shown in the photo above I have decided to leave out as a piece of scatter.  There is a stone base (not pictured) that I have already glued to a reaper base for one of the spiders.  Each of the spiders has a slightly different pose with their legs - which is made worse by them being bent out of shape.  I'm hoping to use this as an advantage though, and pose each spider differently.  One is rearing back with front legs up (this one I plan to glue to the supplied rocky base with the abdomen glued to the ground for extra support.

Another spider has one side of legs kind of bent under a bit.  I'm thinking this would look good mounted sideways, crawling up the side of a fallen log (not sure if I should try to sculpt this, or find a twig to glue to the base).

The last spider is pretty neutral, but I was thinking of posing it climbing down something just for variety.

Any advice about sculpting the bases vs gluing organic material or mounting something with narrow points of contact would be tremendously helpful.  My indecision has lead to two weeks of no painting.
    • By Restless
      Kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krakenships/krakenships-miniatures-28mm-fantasy-tabletop-figures/description

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a model that had been waiting 34 years before being painted, Ral Partha 02-333 Acrobatic Thief sculpted by Julie Guthrie.
      "Thanks to @Thoramel, for providing me with the model info.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)