Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

Male Knight With Axe - DSM7202

You correct Jay!   I like the orange and it is highlighted very nicely.....  but I also like the green armour with the bronze edging! 

Any chance for an up close set of pics that we can expand on our monitors to 10 inches so we can stare at all of the detail?

*** yes Armour is spelled correctly ... I am Canadian! ****

• Like 2

Very nicely done!

I like that you challenge yourself with the mini and the basing now!

I have this figure in hand too (on the shelf of shame) and I think you've inspired me to finish him up for my DSM entry at reapercon!

• Like 2

Any chance for an up close set of pics that we can expand on our monitors to 10 inches so we can stare at all of the detail?

*** yes Armour is spelled correctly ... I am Canadian! ****

ROFL on the Armour comment. 

I am having issues with my mouse, it is in a failure mode, so I can't crop.  Give me a couple days and I'll add a couple close ups.

THERE IS ANOTHER WAY TO SEE THE PHOTOS ENLARGED.  TRUST ME ON THIS ONE.

a. Click on the first photo.

b. Click on "CTRL and the plus sign at the same time, "+" seven times (it will enlarge the photo).

c. Click on next on photo and go through each one.

d.  Click on CTRL and "-" (next to plus sign) seven times to return your screen back to normal viewing.

I am really happy that I made a bronze colour mixture also.  I remember how frustrating it was to do that concept in the beginning.

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 3

Very nicely done!

I like that you challenge yourself with the mini and the basing now!

I have this figure in hand too (on the shelf of shame) and I think you've inspired me to finish him up for my DSM entry at reapercon!

Thanks UB3R !

I have to admit that I'm never bored painting one of these !

Glad I could inspire you to do this one for your DSM Entry.  A couple challenging little bits !

Basing will be a blast for you (as Always).  Looking forward to seeing what you do with him.

• Like 1

Very nice work!

That's one of the (several) minis on my DSM wishlist.

Thank you !

He is a very interesting sculpt to paint.  Lots of "bits" that need attention.

The armor can be a bear to handle, and that face on the armor while have you scratching

your head.. "Accent, highlight, minimize, maximize, color contrast"...and it isn't easy to paint either.

It'll give your painting skills a real workout !

Very nice, I love that armor!

Thanks Tarsemina;

It was scary to do (Kinda went out on a limb and just DID it). 

I was glad since it was an old experiment that originally went wrong, this time

it went right :)

• Like 2

It looks like you successfully challenged yourself. The Warrior painted up BEAUTIFULLY. Swapping the axe for the sword makes him unique. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

I like it!

You're pushing yourself to improve!

Awesome!

Thanks Xherman;

It's gotten to be a lot more fun recently since I have given myself permission to experiment, and push my envelope.

Basing is a LOT more fun now !

It looks like you successfully challenged yourself. The Warrior painted up BEAUTIFULLY. Swapping the axe for the sword makes him unique. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks Mal;

Folks like yourself have been giving me great ideas to experiment with, and so I just give it a whirl.

If it works, great, if not, paint it differently.  I've stopped being my worst critic !

• Like 3

Nicely done! I've been eyeing this mini myself but I haven't taken the final leap to purchase it yet.

It is well worth the challenge of doing so !!!

Just remember its one of those 30mm mini's.  its going to test your painting skills.

I adored working on this one.  Check out the photo's again for the last one with the quarter.

I always freak out when I see those..LOL

Jay