Sign in to follow this  
Heisler

Two from Pulp Figures

Nicely done! Love Bob Murch's stuff. Don't see enough of it on the boards. Wonder if that's because of its old school slightly cartoony look?

Those are wonderfuly done! I love the green shirts. I wish I had a use for pulp figures, though I will most likely get a few to paint at some point.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darsc Zacal
      Kickstarter is now Live and I’ve updated the thread title to the name of the kickstarter.
      Heres the link:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1313980061/pulp-figures-dangerous-dames-28mm-miniatures?ref=9p7oe7&token=186495ca

I don’t know what the actual name of the kickstarter will be, but I was at a local wargaming convention earlier today that longtime miniature sculpter Bob Murch attended and had his sales booth set up at.

I happened to overhear him mention to another customer that he was planning a “quick and dirty” kickstarter for next month (May) for 5 or 6 sets of female characters for across his Pulp Figures ranges.

Figured I better post a thread here in case there are any other Murch fans.
      Plus it serves as a reminder to keep an eye and ear out for the project.
    • By Rigel
      Xiang Lung, 50170, is listed as a "Chinese Villain," but can anyone with a cuddly monkey be THAT villainous?
      A master of terrible sorceries, most assuredly. 

Bob Murch's Pulp Figures includes a set of Dangerous Dames, and this one is a Dragon Lady. Don't take my word for it; look at the embroidery on the jacket!

They make a good Power Couple.

• By Rigel
      Good old Mac's, home of the Cheap Rotgut Special and the Slightly Less Cheap Rotgut Special! Meet all kinds of folk in a place like this. 

Specifically, you can meet 50155: Mickey O'Doul; 50319: Olav, Dwarf Gambler; 59034: Muckraker; a couple more Pulp Figures Americano Mercenarios (including the incredibly suave Tucson Juan and the grizzled Brazos Pete); Margarita, the Nolzur's barmaid; and a female Law Dog from a line whose name I can't recall.

This is the last of my Weird West series, until I find and paint more (such as Old Man Buzzard, or an ogre converted to a Cannibal Mutant Hillbilly). Hope you've enjoyed this strange, picture-heavy trip! I for sure have. 

• By Rigel
      Bit of a change of pace--here are three Drawing-Room Detectives from Pulp Figures. Each of them was a delight to paint. The fastidious, inerrant Anchises Merlot, the keen-eyed and ineluctable Willis Wen, and the shrewd and inquisitive Joan Myrtles.  

(The body is a pulp newspaperman).

Murch knocked the faces out of the park on these. Side note--there should more minis with double chins and/or jowls. 

Miss Myrtles's cable-knit jumper effect was done in mechanical pencil.

• By Rick Anderson
      Hopefully the old timers in this forum can help me out.  I recently went through my bins of bones and metals and dragged out all the ghouls and ghasts I could find and then painted them up.  I had Reaper's 2450, 3716, a bunch of 77159, and 2102 (that one's a ghoulish looking zombie but it got painted).  I also came across two blisters from the old RAFM company 3892 and 3894 and the lost minis wiki says they were sculpted by Bob Murch.  They're much older in style (ie - very armature basic) in comparison to today's standards and I was curious if anyone knows the release date of these miniatures?

Here's the painted minis:  http://minipaint.blogspot.com/2018/05/rafm-ghouls-3892-and-3894.html

Thanks,
      Rick

• Who's Online   29 Members, 2 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)