Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
A very fun paint job, working on 2 types of NMM for the weapons and armour.
The NMM is a bit rough up close, but I'm happy enough with it when views from a distance. The free hand also came out pretty well. This is probably the most complex free hand I've done.
Still some basing to do and could probably improve my blendingg but overall super happy with the result.
It's been awhile since I posted, and since I've been painting online with friends a lot more, I figured it was time to get back to it! Painted this one via Twitch livestream the other night when someone in chat suggested a freehand pattern similar to a marsh frog (to go with the "bog" theme). While I can't take credit for the idea, we took the concept and ran with it-- I think the freehand really makes him stand out! Below is a frog stock photo I pulled for general reference.
The hardest part was picking a random pattern to draw on the wings and mirroring it on the other side. Oh, and trying not to make him look too cute, with big, cartoony googly eyes, though the sculpt is stinkin' adorable, I just can't stand it! Thanks Bob Ridolfi for creating yet another Reaper sculpt that makes me smile
I can't decide whether I want to break up the beautiful matte paint finish (all Reaper MSP colors) with a gloss varnish on the egg-like-sac-protuberances on his back... part of me wants to keep it all matte, but another part of me wants it to look extra gross and slimy. Thoughts?
I appreciate you taking a peek! Hope you have a great day
I painted an OOP GW metal Stegadon for my Lost World Project and added Foundry Aztec Crew.
First some pics against neutral background
And then some against my Jungle Photo Board.
I used this figure for CMPA's Adventurer Challenge, and practicing chilling out on a figure instead of going detail crazy. Naturally that meant I had to try something new on it anyway.
New: I put a lot of effort into her hair, and actually used it as practice for the hair on my ranger to get better hair methodology down.
New: I also took a stab at NMM on armor, with mixed success. Not 100% happy, but it didn't get as much effort as the hair, and I wasn't going for perfection on that part. Same with the sword, not 100% happy, but decided to be satisfied until I try another figure.
Because I couldn't resist: I decided the boots were bland, so I freehanded gladiola flowers onto her boot. Then her bra and her dagger needed flowers too. Her name is now Gladys, because she likes said flowers.
The minimal effort: Skin tones. I went for a pretty basic set, didn't go crazy on this part, but for a "good enough".
Who's Online 32 Members, 4 Anonymous, 236 Guests (See full list)
- Darsc Zacal
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Arc 724
- Cranky Dog
- Rob Dean
- Xiwo Xerase