Lt. Coldfire

Heraldic Knights - full set

They look awesome.

Especially the cloaks!

I do feel though that the shields might have gotten more love.

The emblems could have been made more colourful to stand out.

I think they would look even better then.

But that's just my opinion feel free to ignore.

• Like 1

I love to see units like this.

Great simple but effective paint schemes.

So many uses for them ...

Edited by vulture

The thread title made me think there would be lots of freehanded heraldry on their surcoats/cloaks/whatever that would be far beyond my own abilities to paint.  But I would not have attempted that myself, so I'm definitely not complaining.  Looks like they have enough heraldry built into their helms to tip their horses off balance anyhow, LOL.  They look awesome!  Nice work.  They remind me of King Renly's Rainbow Guard a little bit. - Ser Guyard the Green, Ser Robar the Red, Brienne the Blue, etc.

Kang

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      The subset called "knights" in the Bones 4 core set.

These are NPC or henchmen-types. Wait a minuite! Do I really think that just because they have covered faces? Dang!
      I chose to use plain white capes, loincloths and so forth as a common denominator, which let them all have their own individual livery colours.

B4Core #57

B4Core #58

B4Core #59

B4Core #60

B4Core #61

At least the unarmoured fencing instructor has more than a stick this time around when the white cloaks come. What do we say to the god of death?

These also seem to be new sculpts for this KS.

Come to think of it, this lot should be good proxies for Kings of War Vanguard Basileans.

Knights subset
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 4 KS 2017
      Sculpted by ??
      Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped bases
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future

• By Lidless Eye
      Another themed set, Knights from Bones 4.

Mrs. Forscale is one of my favorites from the Core set.

• By Nightwing
      This old Games Workshop mini is from about 1986. I think I had gotten him in a pack of minis because I have several others from the same line. I think I bought the pack mainly for this guy. He was my favorite, and I painted him solid black with silver trim. 

This time, I went with copper colored armor. A long time ago I wasn’t down with the big snake on his head so I chopped it off. I used paperclip and some contour putty to resculpt it here. The shield glued on to a round knob on his fist. Trying to figure out how to incorporate that unconcealable circle on the shield, I went with a simple eye motif. 

Please let me know regarding the flaming sword. I made the flame with hot glue. I think flames are brightest/hottest at the base and fade to black smoke at the top. I’m not sure how well this paint job imitates Fire, so comments on how to improve would be greatly appreciated. 

• By Disciple of Sakura
      Spent some time painting up all the Bones 3 Crusaders, plus the Core set minis from Bones 2 and 3 with the same Crusaders emblem on them. I based their colors on the Order of the White Lotus from Avatar: tLAB, and did a weapon swap on one because I felt like a bit more diversity in equipment. 

• By Darius Glenwell
      After almost a year of work, I've finally completed this piece. 2 hours each on the adventurers, about an hour each on the terrain pieces, and close to 6 hours on the dragon itself. A lot of different colors used, so I'm not even going to try to mention them all. The terrain is mostly dry brushed, and washes. The dragon has no dry brushing at all though. Everything else is either layered or blended painting. Thanks for looking! Enjoy! (And yes, that is my YouTube channel in the background. LOL)

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 159 Guests (See full list)