Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Good evening all you fine Reaper acolytes!
So this evening I've finished another grand old Partha classic, sculpted by the immortal Julie Guthrie, a Sorceress Casting Spell. As always, couldn't easily choose colors, but this is what I came up with:
The only problem I really had was her other eye, which just couldn't be reached with a brush, so this is with a close up, how it came out:
Sometimes it's just rough getting a brush in such an itty bitty space. So I did what I could. Anyway hope you all enjoy!
I love me some weekend painting!
Got another one from the 90's batch of Ral Partha's. This one is a Drow Elf. Was feeling like trying some of the darker skin tones after watching another RVE on it. Feels pretty good!
* Skin combo: Black Brown, Black Red, Orange Red. Used in conjunction with one another. The highlights are still on the darker side, but you can still make out muscle and shape. Win!
* Used copper/brown combo to bring this guy to life. Feels very warm, but still needs some kind of "pop" color somewhere. I tried to make that happen on the fletchings on the bolts, but feels like it needs more.
* Gradient work on the weapon. I was trying to think of it radiating heat, since this is the underdark afterall. I wasn't able to pull off a glowing effect or OSL, but it seems like it works.
* The face - getting the mustache, side burns, and eyes to really pop was fun. I feel VERY happy about the eyes.
* Not wild about the accessories colors.
* Questioning the color chosen for the sword.
* Was messing around a few times on what parts were wood, metal, or otherwise on the crossbow. Meh.
* Hair is still an area I struggle with. I did 3 layers on this one. Deep grey, light grey, white. I feel it comes out strong, but not super good on showing definition or volume in the hair.
Always open to any feedback anyone has.
I'm also curious to think of what kind of base to put this guy on. Any thoughts?
Hello everyone, here are pictures of the last Dark Dwarf I painted for my Duergar squad. I converted a 44109, Enlarged Dark Dwarf Smiter sculpted by Bobby Jackson to make it look more like a Striker. I changed the original hammer head for a 3D printed two sided meat tenderizer and added the eye patch. Thanks to Derek feedback, I really pushed myself on this one. I think I spent something like 3 or 4 hours on the beard only. It is standing on a 2 inches square base. The ball and chain are made of Milliput and a 3mm hobby chain. Your comments are welcome. Group pictures coming soon.
Enlarge! Hello everyone, here are pictures of the 44109, Enlarged Dark Dwarf Smiter I completed last night. The size of this model allowed me to add more texture on the leather. I also added light effect on the face and the shield rivets. For those of you who may wonder, Dark Dwarves (Duergar) can once a day use their spell-like ability to enlarge themselves. This Bones Black model was sculpted by Bobby Jackson.
Laurana came to me in the old LTPK 2 as one of my very first minis in 2010 or so. This set even had the old Pro Paints in it, almost all of wich gave up on me a long time ago. Only Ruddy Flesh and the Copper Metallic Paint are left, both are still among my workhorse paints.
While Laurana's companion Tsuko was painted up fairly quickly, I struggled with painting her forever. First the scroll would not come out right, and then the eyes turned out to be a major problem for me - you see, the pupils of the eyes are sculpted, so my usual strategies didn't work for her.
But after years and years on my shelf of shame she's finally done! Once I got past the scroll and the eyes she was actually a joy to paint. Also, I really like the expressive pose.
So here she is, c&c very welcome!
Who's Online 14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)