Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Couldn't find a better thread to post this in.  Has anyone else ever had mold grow on their minis?

I have a set of bones that have been sitting around for about two year. They were super glued to a reaper base. Baking soda and super glue were used to blend the integrated base into the round base. There's also a layer of cheap craft paint as primer.

These guys have been sitting on my painting table in a former sun-room for about two years. 

I noticed the bases had yellowed a bit, which I've begun to notice on some of my other older bases using baking soda as a basing material. But when I checked on them I noticed small fuzzy looking orange tufts. 

I can only assume this is mold.

The only things I could think of to cause this are the baking soda or the water used to clean my brush before priming. 

Has anyone else seen this?

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hello again!  I'm back with an assortment of Bones that are serving as my Rangers of Shadow Deep solo party.  Decided I wanted a classic fantasy look, but didn't want to fall into the cliched green cloak look.  With that stipulation, I settled on a more autumnal color palette, and tried to keep this aesthetic across the entire party, without anyone looking like they were wearing matching uniforms.  I'm pretty pleased with the results and I tried to push myself with each mini.  What do you think?

More Photos and Thoughts Beneath the Spoiler:

I have only played a few scenarios of Rangers of Shadow Deep, and I'm honestly not sold on the whole solo-game thing.  But if the game has done anything for me, it has given me motivation to paint more and has given purpose to some of the things I already have painted.  I already ordered some extra gnolls and ghouls to meet the required numbers and will likely be showing off some monsters soon.

Which character do you like best?

What games have motivated you to paint those piles of shame?

Feel free to share your own photos!
    • By PhantomAquarist
      God this one was a fun one to paint. 🥰

Anyone know which miniature Anne is painting on the right screen? 😄 

Jon Overton, Dave Pugh, and Anne Foerster I tried to do justice. Lol

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, this is the third and last of my 06132, Skeleton Swordsman sculpted by Kevin Williams. I added some group pictures too.

Group picture with the 02126 Arachno-Assassin.

• By golldan
      This is the Hill Giant from 77939. I have not finished the cat yet, so I only have the Giant here. I have been trying to add various colors (layers of color for one area/color) to my minis to make them more interesting. Following some of the painters here and other utubers and painters like Angel G. I used an Imperial Purple base for this entire mini and then did Troll Flesh as next base for skin and then built up reddish skin tones for skin and then went lighter tan. Hope you enjoy, I had fun painting him.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)