Reaper Con 2016 Painting Competition Updates

Heisler

There are a couple of small changes that I wanted to call out for the painting competition, most people are already aware of these.

The theme for 2016 is Horror, unfortunately I forgot to tell Bryan to update that page in the rules where it is still listing the 2015 Science Fiction Theme.

We are extending the Saturday deadline to 1pm instead of Noon.

The hours listed in the schedule are for viewing, here are the hours that we will be accepting entries.

Drop off Hours

Thursday 10am - 6pm

Friday      9am - 5pm (This is the deadline for those attending the whole con, NO EXCEPTIONS)

Saturday  9am - 1pm (This is a change, we are stretching it out an hour, This is the deadline for those attending only on Saturday, NO EXCEPTIONS)

Pick Up Hours

Saturday 9pm - 10pm (For those only attending on Saturday after the banquet and awards ceremony)

Sunday   9am - 2pm (Entries need to be picked up before the auction on Sunday[2:30pm])

• Like 4

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember right, they did ask that we have a title thought of before you got to the front of the entry desk.

Now, this is my faulty memory talking, but didn't we fill out a brief description as well on a sheet of paper? Probably too late to have that posted somewhere that we could print and fill out beforehand, but it might be a good idea for next year. Standard PDF fillable form.

And if this is already up on the ReaperCon site, or I've been ninja'd while writing this, I owe ... er... something.

• Like 2

Thanks all.  I'd read we have paperwork to fill out on site, and I've got some documentation based on Heisler's advice in another thread.  I just thought I should check to see if it was available online.  Save me some time at the 'con, and save Reaper some paper.

Thanks all. I'd read we have paperwork to fill out on site, and I've got some documentation based on Heisler's advice in another thread. I just thought I should check to see if it was available online. Save me some time at the 'con, and save Reaper some paper.

Rereading the contest rules, the divisions are color coded. So not as easy to print from home, unless it becomes a color border or something to save on ink.
  • Like 1

Just remember that every entry must have a name or a title. A name can be as simple as the miniature's name, a diorama should have a title. Please have these thought out before you get to the front of the line. Not having the name or title ready creates a huge bottleneck in an already very manual process.

Remember this important thought: If you don't have a title for your diorama or vignette now are you sure its telling a story?

• Like 7

Also plan some time to turn them in. In addition to a possible line of people, they have to enter the information in their computer and take pictures. And there could be issues, like the camera deciding its had enough right in the middle of your entries. <_<

Thanks for the reminder!

Jots down: Be in line in front of SGH...

• Like 3

Also plan some time to turn them in. In addition to a possible line of people, they have to enter the information in their computer and take pictures. And there could be issues, like the camera deciding its had enough right in the middle of your entries. <_<

Thanks for the reminder!

It wasn't my fault!

• Like 3

Thanks for the reminder!

It wasn't my fault!

Never said it was! Advice still holds, tho! ;)
  • Like 2