Kumo Nest (evil spider spirits) - Rokugan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it!  The beads as statues worked great.  I couldn't tell what they were, even re-looking after I read your post.  Don't knock yourself too hard about the legs.  Assembling the metal GW tomb scorpion was the hardest one I've done to date.  Tiny legs are awful.

Edited by Matbar
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This was a fun little project from earlier this spring.  I added a branch to her tree to give it more dimension and more places to glue "leaves" to. 

Link to full frontal view
    • By Lord of the Dish Pit
      Continuing on what will hopefully be a Halloween Season painting binge, a Wizkids Phase Spider in the traditional Halloween colors of Orange, Black, Green and Purple...

Surprisingly the underside wasn't too difficult to get to considering it's attached to the base out of the blister.

I liked the naturalistic pose of it, and here we can see the magic that is Reaper's Coal Black adding a nice subdued greenish tint to the legs.

I don't know what release phase the spider was a part of, but I've had him for awhile. WizKids can be kind of hit or miss when it comes to the frustration level of painting them, but this one was easy to work with and there wasn't any missing or obscured detail, nor were the mold line too bothersome. 

• By Zira
      First Reaper minis I've painted! Pretty proud of how the spider turned out! I tried to get an iridescent look on the crow, but I couldn't quite figure it out 😅
      Constructive critiques welcome!

• By lexomatic
      My 3rd encounter in the last month and I'll need to slow down a bit.
      Main Bones 5 WIP
      Specific WIP

The spiders were influenced by real spider types. The big black one was painted like the little red and blue one, Opadometa sarawakensis, but it was too distracting, so the color is on the underside. See p7 of WIP for more. The blue fuzzies ( Poecilotheria metallica) are tarantulas - adult and juvenile, so the small one is intentionally less bright.

More pics later

• By lexomatic
      Painting got interrupted by basement  flooding... and show off pics got got interrupted by more flooding... I will have a few more pics to add later  from behind and under when I have a moment.
      I may not do much more painting for a while  though. WIP starts here. A few posts surrounding show some of my Bones 5 dry fits and will have other Bones 5 stuff in that thread ...whenever I can paint again.
      Spider:

Base:

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)