Sign in to follow this  
Ghool

Court of Owls - Batman Miniature Game by Knight Models

I love how you paint black, you wouldn't happen to have a tutorial or something of the sort, would you?

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cyradis
      I was super sad by recent events, and wanted to help. I can help by doing uplifting art, right? So I biked to the local hobby shop, got a new base, prepped this figure, and did ALL of the painting in one day (Sunday last week). He is meant to be an honor to communities in need. After all, Black Panther, T'challa, is pretty much the most honorable and wise of the main Avengers cast. Love Captain America, but he totally should have been a nurse And Iron Man? Crass. Thor? Bro. T'challa is all good things in a person: smart, strong, and compassionate.
      The figure is being raffled for charity on my FB page.
      Not looking to spark political fights - I painted the figure for the sake of kindness.

• By Mierot
      About five or six years ago I received the Knight Models 75mm Boromir as a Christmas gift. I started to assemble the pieces and became intimidated by what I needed to do to 1) finish assembly and 2) actually paint him. Last year I finally worked up the nerve to start painting, got some base colors and his face started, then again lost my nerve and drive. A couple of months ago I at last took Boromir off my shelf-of-unlimited-opportunity and started working. 

I finally finished him.

Front view:

Back view:

Three-quarter view:

Does this lighting wash me out?

(Some day I'm going to work out my photography settings and workflow.)

Each model is a learning experience and I learned quite a bit on Boromir: how to deal with large expanses of space, a method of highlighting black, keeping colors (somewhat) in balance on a large figure, and the importance of securing the weight of a big hunk of white metal. All and all, I enjoyed painting Boromir and I'm no longer afraid of taking on larger sizes.
    • By Ghool
      This thing is massive.
      That's a 60mm base that I had to trick out to get it to even fit.
      It's solid pewter and weighs about 1lb.
      It was probably the worst cast model I have ever encountered.
      Every undercut was filled with metal and had to be scooped out.
      It took forever to paint. For-ever.
      I'm glad it's over.

• By Edsterdoom
      Here are two shots of a recently painted Batman from Knight Models.

The model was a pain to put together and are a bit thin for my liking. Not sure they will stand up to lots of playing. This was a very simple paint to get me out of a bit of a painting lull after doing some gladiators.

I have the Joker and some henchmen to do for this and then I may try out the rules. Not sure I will buy a lot more although the Hulk model is very nice and so is the Hulk Buster Iron Man. It's a shame they are so damn expensive.

As always comments welcome.
    • By MagiusDel
      Thought I'd go ahead and share the latest from my painting desk.  Working on the Incredible Hulk miniature from Knight Models:

Yeah, he's nearly done and will likely be finished up quite easily during my next painting session, but I'm definitely quite happy with how it's progressing.  Just need to paint the shirt, the chunk of wall, and the ground/base - but I have his opponent lined up to paint in the Hulkbuster Armor.  And then I'll need to come up with a ruleset to play them with...

The most interesting part about this model is a new technique that I heard about combining super glue and baking soda to fill in gaps which I've found works extremely well.  Certainly easier to work with than Greenstuff or Liquid Greenstuff, but still not a perfect solution.
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)