Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Sauriana 54mm Miniatures Game

About this project

Sauriana is a 54mm miniature wargame created by FossilPunk Foundry. The brainchild of writer and game developer Sam Nolton, it’s been in the works since 2014, and we’re finally ready to bring it to you! 

2159f81b7689f7ff77200f568bc340c6_originaOur wonderful 54mm scale miniatures are sculpted by some of the best in the business, and cast by our partners at Zealot Miniatures

Take command of a band of Agents from one of four factions: the stalwart adventurers of the Explorer’s Club, the hard-bitten “cowboys of science†that make up the Othniellians, the steam-powered might of the Cope Collective, or the ragtag roustabouts of the World’s Faire. With these individuals, you will battle it out against your opponents everywhere from the back alleys of London to the boomtowns of the American frontier. 

76239100ddba3410ec356ce1d5d81c72_origina

32d38b147d7599befea3f24d731fb406_originaUsing advanced 3D Printing processes, Zealot Miniatures brings our sculpts to life in extreme detail.

Sauriana is a game of choice: your choices, your characters, your playstyle and your hobby. Aside from the Factions themselves and the agreed-upon points limit for a game, players have full control over their band, which can have individuals running the gamut from prehistoric beasts to men and women of every race, gender, creed and social class. Some archetypes are more common in one faction or another, but we aim to bring a game that represents the diversity of the modern world, even if it’s set in the 19th century. 

With your help, we can bring the Sauriana starter box into full production. With the contents therein, up to two players can play scenario-driven matches  of Sauriana, the perfect introduction to the gameplay elements that define our game. If we make it past our goal though, you will find an entire world’s worth of content awaiting as we unlock more Agents for each faction, or even new factions altogether. 

2110afcc5f148f691c7f1172b129e6d9_origina

4194d1b3a0d4602c8eaf55321e4d8233_origina

e11f6dbabb2a66465f22b9c440b2f454_origina

c8bfa9af63c5f1613f1ddd67b8cf532c_origina

If we manage to exceed our Kickstarter goal, however....you’re in for a treat. Our stretch goals are evidence of just how ambitious our plans for this game are. We’ve got many miniatures planned for each of our game’s four factions. With your help, we can unlock these and begin sculpting and production! 

Credit where credit is due: 

• Concept Art by Taissia Abdoullina, Fred Wierum, Ignatius Budi Wongsonegoro, Robert Mallinson, Raph Lomotan, Felipe Escobar, Alex P. Watson, Rogier Van Der Beek, Rudy Siswanto, Sebastian Luca, and Steven Stahlberg. 
  • Digital Sculpting by Kevin Cayuela Borg, Jamie Phipps, and Kaushik Manna 
  • Kickstarter video music Way Out West by Twin Musicom is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) Artist: 

Edited by SamuraiJack

Cancelled by the projects creator a few days ago when he realized it wasn't going to reach funding.

He plans on changing over to 32mm minis instead of the 54mm that he was originally doing. He will also work on having the rules more fully developed before relaunching in the future.

Thread closed.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Where several of the other Lost Valley dino-beasts have extra fantasy elements to them, such as extra horns. spiney ridges, a third digit on the vestigial front limbs and such, this one is just about picture perfectly based on a real dinosaur: The Carnotaurus.

The Carnotaurus lived at some point during the Late Cretaceous period, that lasted from about 100 million to 66 million years ago. There have been found several fossils with bones and skin impressions that show scales, ridges and bumps in the hide. No sign of feathers though.
      The fossils are all found in South America, which was part of the supercontinent southern Gondwanaland when these critters existed.
      This is the only raptor-like predatory dino we know of that had horns on the skull, looking like very sharp eyebrows more than anything else really.

This model was originally released in metal some years ago, which might explain the difference in design philosophy ("real dinosaur" vs "fantasy dinosaur"). Now it also exists in Bones Black in the Lost Valley.

This mini was finished August 18th 2020.

44080 Carnotaurus
      from the Lost Valley Expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, delivered 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Dennis Mize
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      65x35mm bespoke 3D printed base
      available from reapermini.com

• By Brindelwald Miniatures
      Hi everyone,

Firstly I´m pleasured to take part of this forumm . My name is Alvaro Gonzalez and Im a spanish miniatures sculptor, for last year I have been sculpting some miniatures and the time has come to pre lunch my first kickstarter campaign that I will launch in two weeks around.

This deal with 32mm scale (23mm tall to eyesline) resin fantasy miniatures for wargames, collectors and painting. It will be a small project of 9 dwarves miniatures.

It would be great having the support of this community for carrying on my brand.

You can keep posted about news in our facebook , I will post news every week.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Games-Toys/Brindelwald...
      instagram.com/brindelwaldminiatures/
      I show you a small sample. Thank you.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/omnissious/omnissious-power-packs-rechargeable-led-kits-for-minis

Story
      The essence of miniature modeling has always been to capture the magic of imaginary worlds. When I was growing up, I used to love looking through magazines showing highly detailed models in epic battle scenes. All those visuals were a catalyst for my imagination thinking of all these magical worlds. I was amazed to find out that not only was it a hobby to build and paint them, but that I could create those magical worlds for myself! Even now, the aspect I appreciate most about this hobby is expressing myself through kitbashing and bringing my imaginations to reality. I’m always thinking of ways to improve the magic of my models so it's only natural that I started thinking of how to add lights to them!
      I was really inspired by what other members of the community were coming up with and the techniques they used to achieve certain effects. I was talking to a talented painter from my local game shop about adding lights to his miniatures. He said it was a really cool idea but lost interest quickly because of all the problems involved with where to put the batteries and how to change them out.
      My partner and I looked around and what most people were doing was adding a cell battery to the bottom of their bases and letting it dangle out or sealing something a bit more heavy duty in their models. We set out to design a power system that fits in the base, and is rechargeable to keep your models playable and removing all the hassle with jerry-rigged battery systems.
      The solution we came up with is an easy plug-in system so once you have the model wired up, you just have to connect it to the power pack and close it up! Once your model is finished and the power pack is in the base, charging your model is as simple as displaying it on the charging station. We used a wireless charging system similar to the Qi chargers used for phones. 
      The charging station uses a USB cord so you can easily charge it in any wall socket or even from your computer!  
      Here is how to install the Omnissious power packs:
      Step 1: Drill a hole in the base where you want to connect your model Step 2: Thread the electrical wire through Step 3: Plug in your Power Pack With backgrounds in engineering, it was important for us to confirm that our device could be mass produced before asking for funding. So we worked directly with a manufacturer to test and confirm manufacturing plans. We even tested the prototypes on our models and have been using them in our weekly games and tournaments… for uh, science. Check them out!
      LEDs in the heads light and the canon LEDs in the plasma gun LEDs to light up the candles on this ritual table LEDs in the eyes and right hand LED color options displayed in a group of elementals  
    • By 72moonglum
      Hi guys and guyettes!

So continuing on with some Dennis Mize Children of the Night dinosaurs, here is the Monoclonius Agathaumas:

He went on a long, oval base because he was just too big for whatever circular ones I had. Tried to once again stay away from a green or grey color scheme. Not a very dramatic pose, just a dinosaur kind of hanging out, but I think he's pretty swell as far as dinosaurs go.  Not a triceratops, doesn't have those wonderful long horns on his head, just little nubs.   If I get so inspired, I'll go look up his name to see what actually is known about this particular type of dinosaur and where he lived, et cetera.

Back in the days of my youth, the seventies, we as kids really loved anything related to dinosaurs and cavemen.  But those were back in the days of pre-pre Jurassic Park, we had more Harryhausen as our main provider of cinematic dinosaurs, and whatever books we could get at book stores.  

Speaking of seventies dinosaurs, has anybody visited the Flintstone Park in South Dakota and is it still there?

• By Lihmeth
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/medieval-village-npc/dungeon-tile-sorcerer/description

Basically, a program to plan your dungeon. Pretty useful for 3D printing, and comes with it's own set of Egyptian tiles. You'll be able to upload other tiles as well, if you have the STL files. Super Early Bird (50% off, 25$) still available for now ;)
      They have some videos on the page that show how it works.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)