Sign in to follow this  
NomadZeke

October RPChallenge

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66365-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2016-chatterquestions/
All the information you need should be here.

Your challenge is: 4

Bonus Challenge: Triad
Because of the typical association with the month, fall, halloween (or whichever name you use for it) in order of Primary - secondary - accent colors: Orange, Purple, Green. And here's where it's interesting - no black or white. The 3, the only 3 families of colors that you may use are oranges, purples, and greens. EX: Highland Moss - doesn't say green, and thus doesn't qualify. Good luck

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 4

So, it needs to be mostly orange and then purple, with a little bit of green?

somewhere about 66% oranges, 25% purple, 9% greens-ish.

But again, it's the bonus, so it's meant to push your ideas a little

This is a good 'example' from camospecs..if you inverted the orange and purple http://camospecs.com/Miniature/Details/1836/jackal-ja-kl-1532

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 1

More importantly it has to say Orange, say Purple, and say Green on the bottles??

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2

More importantly it has to say Orange, say Purple, and say Green on the bottles??

Yes, as given in the first post example, Though certain colors are a shade of that color, if it doesn't say that color name on the bottle, it technically won't qualify for the bonus.

• Like 1

Yes, as given in the first post example, Though certain colors are a shade of that color, if it doesn't say that color name on the bottle, it technically won't qualify for the bonus.

Wondering if I haz paints that will qualify. :unsure:

• Like 1

1-3 small spiders - bones     orange green and purple are spider colors right? 

4 Iconic Dwarf ranger 

5-6 "That Won't do" pig & halfling -  entered at ReaperCon, but not judged. 

7-9 Pathfinder dragon. + scenic 3.5" square base 

10 Speed paint - "Frank Buck"  After the 30 min I spent a bunch of time finishing him at the con, just need to fix the eyes (again) 

11 Wappel "shaded basecoat" Dryad

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 1

Yay October! I am going for quantity this month (and until the end of the year) so not sure if I will do the bonus, but I like the idea.

1-2. Nova Corp: Guard 

3-4. Nova Corp: Rifleman

5. Nova Corp: Sgt 

6. Nova Corp: Female

7-8. Garvin Markus, Nova Corp Hero

[First 8 show-off]

9. IMEF: Sarah Blitzer (Show-Off)

10. Sascha Dubois (Show-Off)

11. Bathalian Primarch (Show-Off)

12. Rex, Future Dark Hero (Show-Off)

13. Bathalian Exarch (Show-Off)

14-19. IMEFs x6 (Show-Off)

20. Bathlian Centurion (Show-Off)

21. Pumpkin w/ broom (Show-Off)

22. Headless Mousling (Show-Off)

In order to hit my goal by the end of the year I need to be finishing an SKU every two days, so hopefully my posts will be quite numerous from now on!

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

Pretty much nothing is changing from September,,,,,

Finishing up Reapercon stuff (I Hope!)

Things carrying over from August.....

Finished:

1. FR-1 Diorama (5-7 minis)
  2. Super Duper Secret Secret Project
  3. Bombshell Geirahod, The Spear of Battle (10016) 

Working on:

1. FR-1 Diorama (5-7 minis) WiP (This will be carrying over a while....)
  2. Super Duper Secret Secret Project
  3. Wolf Demon (77307) For Airbrush Tutorial on Hangouts...(on Hiatus....)
  4. Bombshell Geirahod, The Spear of Battle (10016) WIP
  5. Bombshell Glacia  (10052) WIP (also Hiatus)
  6. DSM HUNTING WOLF (7410)

I wonder what else will wander on to this list....

Gotta try and paint a pumpkin too...

And we will see what new and shiny things fall into my hands in deepest darkest Denton.....

I consider this months challenge met!

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 2

Placeholder

I did not paint this month :down:

Pipeline

01511 2010 Warlord Tournament Miniature
GG/CMON/ZBP Abomination
GG/CMON/ZBP NPC Zombies- One of Each
77313: Hill Giant Krug
77103: Nor'Okk, Ettin

Edited by JDizzO

orange green and purple are spider colors right? 

In all sorts of different combinations, patterns and shades...

just not the ones I tried, I was considering packing it in ...    but there is a lovely purple/orange/blue spider face in the pictures you linked, I will alter my scheme. 

thanks for the inspiration .

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this