Sign in to follow this  
Citrine

Grenadier Witch (SKU 5601)

I wasn't thinking of the mini company when I noticed this thread, and I was expecting a witch on a broom chucking pineapples at her enemies.

This is pretty cool, though. I love the staff.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Short Wart's Cohort Mort

Being a band of bony retribution soon to cross the Brandywine and come a-knocking on little round doors under the hills.

Most of these skeleton minis are from the same second hand purchase where I got the zombies that were featured a few week ago. I got the incomplete undead mammoth off Ebay several years ago, and Short Wart himself is an Oathsworn Halfling Necromancer. All minis have been given 3D printed bases, most of them 25mm.

There are a lot of pics beneath, although some are distictly unfocussed, as if a dark power did not wish to be documented...

• By Maledrakh
      Yet another of my entries in a painting league on another forum

Pride and Joy
      A nice walk in the park for the Lovecrafts.

Sorry about the pics being a bit blurry, I am still struggling with the camera. It seems it is not meant for such small items.

Most of the miniatures are from a recent 2019 kickstarter by Bear's Head Miniatures, apart from the large Star Spawn that is from the game Cthulhu Wars by Petersen Games. One of the kickstarters for that game had an option for one each of the miniatures extra, and this one is from that set. I hacked off the moulded base it originally came with so I could have similar style bases for the whole family.

Lots of pics and such below, go on, you know you want to click it:

• By Maledrakh
      Paintedfor a painting league in another forum: 

"Bring Out Your Dead!"
      I envision this as a wandering band who collects the dead. Sometimes they need to make ther cargo dead first. Being death warmed over themselves, they do not know what else to do with their unlives.

lots more pictures beneath the click:

• By Rigel
      "So...Xiao Lu. You have expressed interest in this particular carp. Your purse is sufficient for the purchase. Nevertheless, I will only sell to a man with the proper appreciation of the fish, a scholar who can truly cherish it as it deserves.
      Tell me, Xiao Lu. What are the Noble Virtues of the carp?" 

"Truly, Master Fang, only the injudicious man would sell such a precious gift to a fool.
      The different colors and patterns of the carp indicate different virtues, some those of the father, some of the mother, some of daughters or sons, or scholars or businessmen or soldiers.

But the virtues common to all carp are:
      Firstly, courageous independence. It swims upstream, heading into the current always. An indomitable will to face what comes. A carp swimming downstream bodes ill; this is known to all.
      Secondly, prosperity. Their scales of gold, silver, platinum, and bronze are all auspicious, reflecting money and attracting luck. 
      Thirdly, fecundity.  Their fertility fills the rivers; does not their very name evoke abundance and plenty?  
      Fourthly, success and transformation through diligence and perseverance. As it is said, 'the carp has leapt through the Dragon's Gate.' With enough work, the carp may surmount even the waterfall that streams down the mountain. And does not the carp that passes the Dragon Gate itself become a dragon? So too will the man who applies himself become accomplished and recognized."

These are two truly magnificent sculpts. The short fellow with the oval base is from an 80's-era Grenadier set of "Vile Villains." (He comes with a Casper Gutman/Sydney Greenstreet Fat Man and a tall trenchcoated fellow with beard and hat, perhaps a Rasputin figure? All very different heights and builds, which I appreciate.) Anyway, he's the star of the show. Those old minis had some fantastic detail work on the faces. And you have to love his long twisty fingernails. 

Here's more of him:

Dr. Fang was another sculpt I had to get when I heard Statuesque was discontinuing its Pulp Alley line. Very much in the Pei Mei / Fu Manchu line. The exact sort of person you think of when you hear the phrase "undying leaders of the cult in China." Definitely an old man whom it would be unwise to challenge. I had a lot of fun with the gradient (hey, Breast Cancer Pink in action!) and the koi on his robes. 

Here's a thorough turnaround:

The rear wall is GreenstuffWorld's "China" roller on foamboard, airbrushed. Heavily inspired by the opulent color gradients from "Curse of the Golden Flower" (a splendid palace tragedy). The aquaria are of course Chessex dice boxes and some stuff I had lying around. The koi pond is a metal lid from a tube of biscuit dough with a lick of paint and some 'Ardcoat. The lantern comes from the Tortoise Merchant and Drayman.

• By Inarah
      This little guy was a freebie from Bombshell Miniatures given out at Reapercon 2019. He is also available on their website.  I put him on a jungle base from Microarts.  Tried for some dark blue/grey coloration, wasn't happy with it, tried some green washes, but he kept turning blue again. Brushed a little green metallic on and he turned silver, did the green wash again with a different brand.  Decided I had messed around with it long enough. 

In the background is a 3-d printed stone bridge my husband made for me. Tabletop drybrush in shades of brown over a black base coat. 

• Who's Online   21 Members, 3 Anonymous, 141 Guests (See full list)