FANTASTIC! Watching your WONDERFULLY IMAGINATIVE creation develop has been an experience not to be missed. BEAUTIFULLY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

scary yet a work of ART!

I would love to see this in all of it real dimensions ...  I see gold in this one!

• Like 3

That poor child.

As ever, your craft astounds me.

If forced to critique, I feel like there should be something near the foot of the bed on the dark side, reaching out and up and over the bed...something mere inches from touching the child. But then, I also really love the framing that currently exists from that side view.

Cheekily, I am disappointed the nightlight does not have the form of a blue canary, but then I'm silly that way.

• Like 6

This is one of my most favoritest dioramas ever! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

If this doesn't grab gold someone's gonna get *BONK!*ed.

• Like 4

This is absolutely breathtaking, and not just in a cat-sitting-on-your-chest kind of way. I want to say that you have absolutely, completely, without a doubt and beyond contestation, captured the true essence of the terrors in the bedroom at night. This is a piece you can be proud of. :wub::;,;:

• Like 4

This is absolutely breathtaking, and not just in a cat-sitting-on-your-chest kind of way. I want to say that you have absolutely, completely, without a doubt and beyond contestation, captured the true essence of the terrors in the bedroom at night. This is a piece you can be proud of. :wub::;,;:

This so much!

• Like 2

Incredible! It's ridiculous that you can see every shape and monster. O_O

Staring at the project, this would make a beautiful bookend.

• Like 3

I think it's going to give me real nightmares!  Great job with the kit bash and the lighting!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mcfoltzy
      PAINTED THIS DRAGON FOR MY DM WANTED TO BREAK IT THOSE DANG WINGS JUST KICK MY BUTT . BUT THINK IT CAME OUT PRETTY GOOD 

• By zoroaster100
      I’m working on trying to get this big guy painted to tabletop standard by the time I have to use him at our next Pathfinder D&D session to represent the Roc King on Tilagos Island in the Demiplane of Last Resort, in the Age of Worms adventure path.

• By Corporea
      This was my Secret Sophie gift to Inarah.  I had a lot of fun painting it, though I was cranky there wasn't much room to play with freehand!  Let's see... the crystals are a combination of sculpey, green stuff, sprue cut into crystal shapes and actual small quartz crystals. You can buy them cheap online in bulk. Great for terrain projects.  The colors are nightmare black, clouded sea and mint green, then after I was done highlighting, I glazed the whole thing except in the light effect area with pthalo green. It knocked down the highlights a bit and I like the more teal look it gives.  The fire was pure white, sun yellow, marigold yellow, fire red and spattered crimson. I think I used some Golden brand carbon black for the deep shadows.

Anyway, enjoy!  I didn't do a lot of WIP stuff for this one, sorry! er, and my camera was dead so I had to use my phone.  The balance is always funky.

I decided I wanted to work on OSL, so I planned ahead of time while painting the miniature. I find this helpful for OSL. I decide where I'll have the light effect and then up the highlighting on that side keeping in mind the spread and direction of the light.  Then when I add the colored effect, the highlighting is already done. I think where I see folks fall down on lighting is one of two things:  remembering that light is brightest at its source and lessens outwards, or thinking that light is color rather than brightness or higher value. Meaning  we have to highlight first before we add the light effect, or it just looks like paint, not light.  If you take a black and white photo of a mini, you should be able to see the light and effect is closer to white. If done incorrectly, the light effect will disappear.  You also have to darken shadows elsewhere to sell the effect. It becomes complicated, but in all honesty, you can do OSL with drybrushing, as long as you remember to highlight first!

Enjoy! C&C always welcome!

Here's what I mean with the black and white photo- see how you don't see the color of the light, but you still see the light?

• By Maglok
      Painted up these 8 unrelated barbarians as a clan for my Wrath of the Righteous campaign. Tried my hand at non-metallic metal again. This is the result. :)

• By spitfire23bc
      This is one I've had "in progress" for ages. I finally mustered the courage to tackle all the eyes and then had fun with drool!

• Who's Online   30 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)